JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Locking Apps NEEDS TO CHANGE BACK!

(Topic created: 04-13-2021 01:58 PM)
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
So I haven't found anyone else really who has experienced this issue to the degree I have, so please let me know if you agree. For years now, I've been using OneUI's feature to "Lock" an app in order to keep it open. The way I used it was by locking Spotify, and when I hit "Close All Apps," it would close all except Spotify. Once I finished listening to music, I was able to swipe up in the task view to close the app.

Locking an app would only prevent it from closing when using the close all button, but you still had the ability to manually close the app. Anytime that app was opened, it would remember that it is locked and unable to be closed using the close all button. This was ideal because obviously I don't need Spotify running in the background when I'm not using it.

Late in OneUI 2.0, that changed drastically and has carried over into OneUI 3.0. Now, there are two options: "Keep Open (For Quick Launching)," and "Lock," both functioning differently than how Locking an app originally worked. "Keep Open" is similar to the previous "Lock" function, but the only difference is there is no way to dismiss it--even manually--without first unlocking it. This might be good for devices meant to be used exclusively for something, but not for the everyday person.

I don't think anyone was constantly accidentally closing their locked apps through an unintentional swipe up. This change was really detremental, as it encourages people to either always have an app running in the background (which isn't great for your everyday device), or never having the ability to keep apps from closing when hitting close all. When I have 10 apps running and one is Spotify (that I'm actively listening to), this change has just caused me to need to swipe up on 9/10 apps, with a more likely chance for me to accidentally swipe up on Spotify.

The other option I mentioned looks like it might have been removed from the quick options in the task view, but "Locking" an app will now literally lock it onto the screen, so without "pressing the home button three times," or something, there's no way out of it. This is good if you have kids or are using the device as a display model. Again, this is not good for the everyday person using the device.

Has anyone felt my frustration? I miss the days where I could listen to music and close all of my apps without needing to reopen Spotify due to the app having closed unintentionally. Does anyone know why Samsung made this change?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context