Original topic:

MDM app

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 10:59 AM)
DTwheels
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Does the Mobile Device Management app come Pre-installed on A53 5G phones for personal use? I read an article that they do not but my phone has it? I purchased it directly from Samsung.com yet i own no business, I don't work (disabled) yet it's on here. Apparently it has been used bc from the time I've gotten it settings auto change, my Gmail account said it couldn't be removed unless it was by an Administrator? Then later all of sudden I was able to remove it (which I didn't want to bc it was my original email address) but felt I had to bc it was compromised, as well as my phone. Many issues similar to this since I've gotten it. I've reset it,  factory reset it. Still have issues & not comfortable even using it anymore. How can I exchange it? 
8 Replies
Options
From what I know, A Series phones are work phones, my A32 came right from the Carrier out of the box with MCM installed.
0 Likes
DTwheels
Astronaut
Options
Did you buy it directly from Samsung.com? Or thru your carrier?
0 Likes
Options
Boost Mobile
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@NEEMAN_ZACCAI Boost mobile, Metro, T-Mobile are all Sprint. 

Options
I'm aware of the network situation, but I bought the device from the Boost store.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@DTwheels Who is your carrier? Is it Sprint? They are known to install this on devices using their network. 

0 Likes
DTwheels
Astronaut
Options
Metro by Tmobile but I bought it through Samsung.com as an unlocked in case I wanted to switch in the future. I've never had any issues w Metro (10+ yrs)
0 Likes
MyA53Sucks
Constellation
Options
My A53 has it. Bought from Metro.
0 Likes