JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Make users aware of Galaxy Buds and SmartThings Find

(Topic created: 03-18-2022 09:11 PM)
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Samsung should make users aware of the ability to use SmartThings Find to track their Galaxy Buds. I did not know this feature existed and it would have helped me quickly determine the general location of the earbuds since they are not trackable when they are in the case.

This should be a feature that is mentioned at setup!

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
18 Replies
JunLethalPoet
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
I will agree with you. Sometimes the best features are easter eggs. Like why not alert people. Sometimes the best feature is hidden. Makes no sense
Nautigirl77
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I had no idea that would work, thank you!
0 Likes
Nautigirl77
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Not sure if it works for the Live ones, but if you have galaxy smart things on your phone you can find location even when they're not connected (case closed w/ buds inside) it works for the plus ones. My s20 came with the app installed and I found this trick on here, not in any user tips elsewhere. Good luck!
user4qCCvYDiqC
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support
Hello, is there a way to track the Samsung Galaxy Buds Live while they are in the case, and lost??? PLEASE HELP, thank you. 
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Smart Home Support
Are you able to see the last location? Cause unfortunately, if they are in the case, the app doesn't work.
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

It only tracks the last location that they were out of the case sadly. Not very useful, but it was good enough to help me find out the last time I used them.

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Smart Home Support

Yeah it's almost useless when it's in the case.  Also it doesn't seem to track if another Samsung phone is paired to it?  Why is that?  Airpods will tell us where it is if it's pair to any other  iphone/apple device.  Also I would like if Samsung would give us an option to lock the Samsung buds.  Airpods has this option, if it's lost/stolen we can disable it permanently so the other user can't use it.

james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Post the lock option as another thread to gain more attention for the idea. Samsung should be held accountable to match every option from Apple step-by-step since they are matching the price. My Galaxy Buds Plus were not worth the price at all compared to airpods.

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
0 Likes
Options
Smart Home Support
Hey I lost my left galaxy bud pro and idk if I can track its last location or buy a single bud to connect it can someone help