JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Make users aware of Galaxy Buds and SmartThings Find

(Topic created: 04-01-2022 10:44 PM)
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Samsung should make users aware of the ability to use SmartThings Find to track their Galaxy Buds. I did not know this feature existed and it would have helped me quickly determine the general location of the earbuds since they are not trackable when they are in the case.

This should be a feature that is mentioned at setup!

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
18 Replies
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Smart Home Support
Try to do with SmartFind..
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Please post that issue in another thread since it is an app issue whereas, this is a PR request thread.

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Smart Home Support
I will just delete just thought it was relevant enough to point out there are issues as well in it.
0 Likes
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Please don't delete your concern. You found an issue and it should be reported. It just sadly won't get any attention from Samsung if it is embedded in this thread since they won't be looking for a technical issue.

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student
0 Likes
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Smart Home Support
Go to SmartThings App.. and select SmartFind..
Solution
Ch_k37
Sun
Options
Smart Home Support

Pull down notification bar >> tap "Device Control" >> open SmartThings Find..Screenshot_20220402-014311_One UI Home_6860_1648878191.jpg

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080182/ 

Bgriff_
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Sadly, if the earbud is dead or not connected, there is no way to find out where it is exactly. Smart things will show you where the last location was for that bud, upon the last connection you had with it.
NPC1
Red Giant
Options
Smart Home Support
Bet it's under your car seat
0 Likes
james7x1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you to everyone for your excellent work in getting this thread attention and helping each other with this poor tracking design. I am trying to leave it open until a Samsung rep acknowledges that this needs to be mentioned to users.

James
Electrical Engineering
Graduate Student