Original topic:

Media Output - Disable auto switching when second BT speaker is connected

(Topic created: 04-27-2022 04:43 PM)
user5hSr6q05ZH
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a iHome Alarm Clock that will not mind it's own business and will choose to connect to my phone randomly, and I don't mind that it auto-connects because I rather the alarm clock blast my radio vs the beeping sound, I also have a Nissan that automatically connects which is wonderful if I am driving but sometimes I will not be driving the car and when the car pulls in driveway it'll connect and then push my media output automatically to the car; however, I want you all to enable us to modify the auto media output switch settings so that if I'm playing audio or on a phone call that is set to use my phone, and/or another connected Bluetooth device, that it will prevent call/media audio from rerouting immediately to any BT speaker that connects.  It should know if I'm in the shower listening to music and my car comes into range of like 30ft or more away that I don't want to automatically move my music from the shower speaker to the car speaker.  Additionally I would like a way to set my phone to remain paired with the iHome device, but allow me to specify a time period where my phone will ignore Bluetooth connect requests from the iHome device, my car, etc.  

I have tried Bixby Routines with the Routines+ add-on installed, but all it can do is tell my phone to disconnect from iHome/Car if I am connected to Shower speaker watch causes a loop where iHome/Car requests connection, my phone will connect, then Routines will tell my phone to disconnect, and repeat. The only "fix" to this issue is to totally unpair the iHome/Car. 

These definitely are fixable issues. Please consider adding this as a Bixby Routines feature and/or Bake this in to the phone itself. My phone should have enough sense to tell iHome to eff off asking for connection when I'm busy listening to music and in the shower, and to tell my car to back off asking me to connect when I'm already playing music to another speaker that is 0-2 feet away. Why would my phone say yes to connect to a car that is barely in range and think it's preferable that I would want to reroute all sounds to a speaker far away over the device that is closer. 

Please everyone bump this thread if you also deal with this same issue, and also wonder why in the world this issue even exists in 2022. Please reply if this is a isolated issue and I'm the first to bring this to anyones attention. I cannot find any fixes via Google, etc. 

Thank you so much to whomever patches this problem. 
5 Replies
ID20110908
Constellation
Options
Thank you very much I'll try but thus is ridiculous and so complicated when can be more easier I can't realize the people like more older around the 60 or 70 years old rhey need to be in communication too is really important but imagine this is so hard for some people like me or I don't think so im only the person with the Same situation and I'm in my 38 years Old LORD IMAGINE OUR PEOPLE MLON THE 3ER AGE , HOW HARD CAN BE !!! IM SAYING
ID20110908
Constellation
Options
But thank you
0 Likes
userlJnz8dXgy7
Astronaut
Options

Im talking to Samsuch tech now. My first question is who coded this and what is the logic of it? why would anyone want this as the default function. If I'm using a bluetooth why would I want it rerouted just because I get into range of another bluetooth device?

and secondly how is there no option to just disable dual connections if this default idiotic setting can't be changed

0 Likes
babijaan
Astronaut
Options
Deleted
0 Likes
userCUYaACa0XU
Cosmic Ray
Options
Sounds like my problem is like this; especially between my phone:mobile_phone: and car :automobile: (connecting bluetooth).
0 Likes