Original topic:

Merge w/ Play Store

(Topic created: 06-17-2021 02:13 PM)
kyL397
Explorer
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello! Would there be anyway to move the apps on the Galaxy Store to a separate section of the Google Play Store? Or to upload the Galaxy Store apps there as well? It's a been a bit confusing in figuring out which App Store I should use to update my apps.

Often times, I have to jump between stores to keep my apps updated and it would be nice to just have a one-stop for apps. Thank you for your time! 
4 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
In my main settings, I have a choice, Samsung messages or Google messages. Being that I've been a fan of Google, I opted for Google messages. Now all I get is Gmail and all kinds of apps from the Google store. I clicked on Samsung messages at first and I got " installed but disabled". That was it for me. my sister sent me a text with a picture of her new dog. Would I have received it had I chosen Samsung? I don't know and don't want to take a chance. I have a Samsung phone with a Google account.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@kyL397 

The Galaxy Store is owned by Samsung. The Google Play store is owned by Google. There is no way to combine the 2. 

kyL397
Explorer
Options
No, I get that! I'm more so along the lines that it doesn't make sense to have two separate app stores, when Samsung apps could (unless its law related) be loaded to the Play Store as well. Why have two apps doing the same job?
kyL397
Explorer
Options
Seeing this Epic vs Google & Apple case, enlightened me on how bad this could be. I take back my original post.
0 Likes