Original topic:

Messages App Notifications

(Topic created: 06-14-2019 04:17 AM)
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hey, 

I just noticed that when I'm using the Samsung Messages app and I'm in a conversation that I am seeing edge lighting notifications and  notifications pop up at the top of the page during the conversation.

I remember that this was not possible sometime ago as Samsung thought this would be a distraction while texting back and forth. If you opened a conversation and sent a message you would have to back out to the main conversation page to see the edge lighting, sound aad pop-up when they replied. 

There were some community members who wanted the notifications while in the conversation that way they could send a text put the phone down and hear and see when the recipient replied without closing the conversation. 

Is this new to the Samsung Messages app. Something they changed because we asked for it. This is the new normal right? 

CLF 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options

Yes that is a normal behavior

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
Options

Yes that is a normal behavior

userkMZnJoFBPD
Astronaut
Options

I need help with my new Galaxy a20 the first message stated when I am in a text message conversation I do not get a sound notification of any kind nor pop-up or anything I really need that function!! . Can someone please tell me what I need to do to make that happen. Another problem I'm having is that because I used the microphone to send most of my messages when I have to edit a Word or something and I go back to the keyboard the microphone won't turn back on unless I type of. Which makes the next letter oh it just screws it all up why won't the microphone stay on the whole time

0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

Back in June 2019 I was running android 9.0 and one ui 1.0.

Today on Android 10 and One UI 2.0 I no longer receive notifications from the contact I'm currently in an open conversation with.

If I send a text and they reply give me ten minutes I use the power key to turn the screen off and put the phone down. When they reply I use the fingerprint scanner and it displays the open conversation with the new message. With the screen off I get the sound, pop-up and edge lighting. I use the fingerprint because my screen lock timeout is set to two minutes. Sometimes I use the home button to minimize the conversation and continue doing other things on the phone. 

It might have been a glitch or bug at the time. I assumed that they had enabled that because others had been asking for the same feature as you are.

I do get all the notifications from other contacts while I'm in an open conversation with someone else. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes