JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messages App - Renaming Group Texts

(Topic created on: 5/10/20 6:29 PM)
userj4hVA8E68t
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Am I missing how to rename group texts in the stock messages app? Categorizing and such isn't quite the same. I'll have group messages with the same people with one or two different people in various ones so getting the name the text chain would be useful. I've downloaded the Textra app as a result but I kind of would like to use the default one if it had this option. 

17 Replies
user1K08j3XYqx
Constellation
Options

I second this question. Android and iMessage apps allow you to rename group chats. Can Samsung please update their message app to get with the times? :beaming_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If you also reach this page with a similar question, please log into your Samsung account to also request Samsung does this or replies to this thread. It's really easy to login with your Google account. 

userNzNDW43p9U
Constellation
Options

Until Samsung Messaging goes RCS, this will never happen. 

0 Likes
ItsMeWats
Constellation
Options

Samsung Messaging does... It's in the setting under advanced features... Just Google it... They have for awhile... 

BobisyourUncle
Constellation
Options

Googling it is how I ended up here.

I'm not seeing it with the native app? Maybe its att messaging and not the samsung one...

0 Likes
ItsMeWats
Constellation
Options
I was using Google Messages and it drained the heck out of my battery on my Note 20 Ultra...

Tried Samsungs app... But for GIFs or anything you need to use their keyboard which I don't... I went back to a regular app... πŸ€¦β€:male_sign:
0 Likes
user1uhjb3GxCk
Constellation
Options

I also am frustrated by not being able to name my group texts! Please, SAMSUNG, fix this in the near future! 

uservt6BoFczuL
Constellation
Options
I wish I could name my groups too. I wear a smart watch and when I get a group text there's a banner with every person in the group and I'd just like to see the group name and the name of the person that sent the text. I don't always have my phone in my hand
userd8eHc0JPeK
Astronaut
Options

This would be SUCH a useful feature! I'm a high school teacher and I have so many group chats for colleagues. One for my whole department, one for the specific subject I teach, one for several departments, one that that's the whole department minus some members we don't all get along with (lol) etc. It's VERY important to keep some of those straight!!! Please, Samsung!!!

Ctar
Astronaut
Options
I would love this feature. Especially with working from home now, the same contact may be in multiple group texts.