Original topic:

Messages App

(Topic created: 09-19-2021 05:17 PM)
Hrob61116
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
My messaging app keeps "popping up" while I'm in other apps. The messaging app is not open but while I'm watching a video on YouTube, tiktok, etc I see a glitch. I click the three lines and see that messages app is now open but I can't click on it there. Anyone else having this issue? It's very annoying.
0 Likes
9 Replies
karanr
Constellation
Options

I'm having the same issue and feel like it started after the last software update. Would appreciate any help with this as it is VERY annoying.

0 Likes
Carterg
Comet
Options
I am having similar issues with the messages app. I am in the app responding to a message and the person replied before I am finished and a new messages app icon pops up on the screen... it's getting a little annoying...
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your experiences with the Messages app. Having trouble with unresponsive apps? It may be time to give them a good spring cleaning. Don't worry, you don't have to uninstall the app or reset your phone. Instead, clear the app's cache or data. When you do this, any problematic files or bugs in the app will be deleted. You can also use your phone's Device Care features to limit background apps and help your battery last longer. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/

If that does not resolve it, you can attempt wiping your device's cache partition. This can help clean up the device itself and make apps run better. This is how you do a cache partition wipe:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Finally, if all these steps fail, it may be time to see if a third-party application might be to blame. You can do so by using Safe Mode, which the article on how to use and navigate is here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Likes
Hrob61116
Astronaut
Options
Once in safe mode, how am I supposed to know which app is causing issues?
0 Likes
SamsungJace
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hi there, so unfortunately safe mode is only used to determine if 3rd party apps are causing a problem not really which app is causing the problem as tedious as it sounds you would need to go through your apps one by one and either uninstall or unable them to see which one is causing the problems. I would recommend going through the most recent apps or the ones you installed when you started noticing the problem.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Hrob61116
Astronaut
Options
I have uninstalled every 3rd party app I have. It's still doing it. But it's not doing it on safe mode.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hey there, If the issue is not present in safe mode then it's definitely coming from a 3rd party app. The other option would be to factory reset your phone and add each back manually. 

0 Likes
Hrob61116
Astronaut
Options
I fixed the issue. It was in the messages app. There is a setting for it to appear on top. I'm not sure what was making it pop up but I turned that off and it's fixed. Not a 3rd party app. So glad I wasted all of the time to uninstall and then reinstall everything. Also having to reset all of my passwords.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

That is great! Very happy you were able to resolve this issue. If you need any further assistance feel free to reach back out to us. 

0 Likes