cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Multi-Room Desktop App for Windows - need workable version

Hello Samsung,

I have a new Windows 10 pc, so I just loaded the latest version of the Multi-Room Desktop app (called "multiroom pc controller 2.0.28".  I found that the Services are missing, so there is no way to bring in audio content.  I also could not group speakers.  In fact, I couldn't determine that the new application has any value at all.

Question #1: when will a workable version of the Desktop app be delivered to the large community of users who are still trying to use their investments in Wireless Multi-Room?

I have searched on this site for information about it and have not found anything.  I did find a discussion of the beta version (1.5.0) which had many problems and was not stable.  I saw a reference to a 1.5.1 version.  I followed all links and even went out to Google which often provides more results than the Samsung search tools.  I was able to find only the beta 1.5.0 and the current useless 2.0.28.   I thought that perhaps version 1.5.1 may be more useable than the current version, but I cannot find it to download a copy.  I have loaded the beta version and it partially works , but it locks up and is not stable.

Question #2:  Can you provide a link to 1.5.1 or any earlier Windows application with the missing functionality? 

I have been so disappointed in Samsung's audio product line.  We are on a limited budget and yet we made a significant investment in Samsung products: Smart TV, Soundbar, Rear Speakers,  3 Shape speakers and the wireless hub.  I was broken-hearted to learn that the TV will not input sound to the wireless speakers, the rear speakers can barely be heard and the Amazon Music would not play through the mobile application.  I have been unable to determine which TVs might input sound into the system.  The documentation is a mess.  And I've spend close to 100 hours trying to get all the functionality I thought I was buying.  This includes countless hours with Samsung Support, being transferred from group to group, and chatting with people who don't read the information I give them and reply with nothing of value.  I took the trouble to write up a very long email message explaining problems and was sent back a response which linked to the existing incorrect documentation.  I threw up my hands and settled for use of speakers as bluetooth only, and a simple soundbar which does nothing other than slightly improve the TV audio in one room.  I got used to barely hearing the rear speakers.  And of course the hub has been a bookend.

Now I'm trying again.  I have been encouraged by the release last week of a new app for iPhone which finally fixed the Amazon Music problem which I tried to convince countless support people was broken a year ago.  So I'm trying again.  I desperately want a wireless multi-room system for music and TV sound both.

So Samsung please help me find a useable desk-top application for Windows. 

Meanwhile if anyone on this forum knows which TVs can input sound into the wireless multi-room please let me know.  All I have found is that "some" TVs starting in 2012 or 2014 (depending on which reference I found) might work, but Samsung took away the capability in 2017.  Then other places it seems as if a Bluetooth TV from 2017 on may work - or may not work - depending on which reference I found.  This has been a most frustrating investment.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Multi-Room Desktop App for Windows - need workable version

Samsung, are you listening?  Is this community site monitored by Samsung?  I have heard nothing regarding these questions.  It's been a month.  I would appreciate knowing that someone is out there and can take these questions.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Multi-Room Desktop App for Windows - need workable version

We are sorry to hear about this. Are you or any of your products US based? The app version you are referring to is only available outside of the US. This forum is for support of US products and customers. If your product is a non-US model, support for these models is very limited, and you can find support in your regional Samsung Community.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.