cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Multiroom app not working on android 10 - speakers no useless

Hi i have recently updated to android 10 and the multiroom app no longer works. this makes setting up and controlling my speakers impossible. basically making them useless. i can't be the only peerson with this issue? are samsung looking to resolve this as i have had no reply from the feedback i sent when the app crashed. others have stated the same problem on the google play store. please look to fix this soon as i am losing all faith in samsung a brand i had up until now bought into. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Multiroom app not working on android 10 - speakers no useless

@users68LlpvnCS Have you made sure you multiroom app is up to date?

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungQue wrote:

@users68LlpvnCSHave you made sure you multiroom app is up to date?

That's a funny advise! You are aware that the latest version of the Multiroom app was released in December 2018? That's well over a year ago. This is a big (international) problem and there's a lot of discussion going on in the various communities. Samsung looks the other way and offers no solution or any answer that makes sense. Don't listen if they suggest to use the Smartthings app, it doesnt work. At all.

Situation is that after updating to Android 10, the Multiroom app crashes on startup (unless you use a specific Samsung Galaxy device). Apple users updating to iOS 13 report similar issues. My guess after reporting this issue late September to Samsung and seeing the no. of complaints growing ever since: Samsung stopped developing and supporting the app early 2019. You own Samsung wireless speakers? Too bad, they are indeed useless now. Throw them away. 2 years seems to be a reasonable lifetime cycle to Samsung. 

The only workaround would be using an old phone or tablet that isn't (or can't be) updated to the latest OS. Sad but true.

Please also check: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Multiroom-app-problems-after-update-An...

Highlighted
Astronaut

Latest software on the Android app store is in use.. it's been months now. Is there some sort of work around?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Also having this issue now that Huawei have updated their phones. Can't believe some people have been locked out of their expensive speakers for a year. Absolutely deplorable behaviour from Samsung! Perhaps if we all contact the CEO we might get somewhere. Use this link at the bottom for UK, but it will differ by region. https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem here on Android 10 But got the solution to!

Use an older version of Samsung multiroom app I am on 3.2.19 downloaded  from Aptoide. It works.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey everyone. Samsung finally released an update for the Multiroom app today, breaking over a year of total silence. It's in the Google Playstore (so Android only); iOS version soon te be released. I installed it and the app doesn't crash on startup! No speakers here to test, unfortunately.