cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: My fitness pal and s health syncing?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have gotten everything to sync from MFP to Samsung Health with the exception of food which is very important to me since MFP has the most complete DB. Going to call the support # provided for S Health, but wont hold my breath. Why should I have to have Health Sync and Google Fit was more middleware apps. MFP and SH should just sync with each other. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked for me so thank you! 

One small niggle is that although it now syncs the steps it doesn't log any burned calories for those steps and I'm talking over 9000 steps a day. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep this fixed the problem for me too. Initially I installed the app from the app store. DL from within the SH app and setting permissions BEFORE linking the two apps seems to fix the problem. Thanks for sharing. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the instructions. Sadly, I've done all that but it still doesn't sync 😭

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3d32KoeRcl What type of device are you using the S Health application with? Have you tried clearing the cache for the application, You can locate the troubleshooting steps to clear the cache here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001151/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have a question I am using MYFP to track what I eat but I track my exercises in Samsung Health and MYFP is not syncing in order I have like 14 workouts in one day and it was only one the program is just adding them every time I open the app. It is adding the same workout over and over again. 

I have an S8 and the galaxy watch 46mm.

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But guys,is it possible to add food to S health that synced to MyFitnessPal? Or is it only possible to add food to MFP --> sync to S health?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem on my Galaxy S7. Then it just magically started working.

On my wife's phone, however (also a Galaxy S7), it did NOT start working. After trying about 50 things, I finally got it to work. Here's what I did:

- Cleared the cache in both apps (go to settings > apps > MyFitnessPal (or Samsung Health) > storage > Clear Cache button)

- Disconnected and reconnected the apps like 20 times

- On the MyFitnessPal menu, clicked Steps, and selected "don't track steps". Then went to Home and swiped down to make sure it reloaded. Then went back to steps, and selected Samsung Health. Then reloaded again. I also closed and reopened the app a bunch during this process.

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone. It is definitely buggy, and would be nice to get fixed.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!!!! I have tried EVERYTHING and this was the last one that I was going to try to fix my syncing problem. It worked the first time! I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 as well. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WORKED!!

THANK YOU!!