JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My fitness pal and s health syncing?

(Topic created on: 9/22/17 1:22 PM)
useruaj5I5wsQQ
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Is there a way to sync My Fitness Pal and S health??? I went into My Fitness Pal app and it shows they are paired together, but the information from S health is not there. Im getting sick of adding my foods to both apps, not to mention none of my workouts are on My fitness pal, but they are on s health. Help me Woman Sad

JUMP TO SOLUTION
128 Replies
userqQ4rSk2mnz
Astronaut
Options

I had the same issue for me it worked when I gave all permissions to both sides.

0 Likes
userL2XIZOCfx4
Constellation
Options
Agree, tried to do this while limiting the data going from MFP to Samsung Health (was looking for a oneway street on calorie/food data only as I like MFP for calories, but SH for all else). No good until I allowed all access both read and write. Just fyi, good luck.
0 Likes
userYM8RAOcCV3
Constellation
Options

Thanks, been struggling with thus Donne last week

0 Likes
userghybiNmD62
Constellation
Options

Using iOS (iPhone XR) with Gear S3 Froniter and MyFitnessPal app on phone along with Samsung Health on phone.

When I go to MyFitnessPal > More (3 dots) > Apps & Devices > I do not see Samsung Health. Am I missing something? I do see iOS Health though.

Also in Samsung Health, when I  try to connect to MyFitnessPal under data permissions it says No Services.

Suggestions?

userAhHsfDmEwt
Constellation
Options

Does this also work if you only want the food to come across?

0 Likes
usersxMELXmwMt
Constellation
Options

I know post is past 6 mo, but Yes, it will give you the option to choose what to sync.

0 Likes
userkZX0vtXMC8
Constellation
Options

Ok, so the above does work.... However, when you connect S Health to MyFitnessPal a progress ring will be spinning in the top right corner.  When I noticed this spinning (after reinstalling multiple times) I decided to wait until the progress ring stopped.  Once the progress ring stopped I exited the apps and devices screen and everything synced immediately!!!!  Was getting so frustrated with this, hopefully this will resolve everyone else's syncing issues.

0 Likes
usersxMELXmwMt
Constellation
Options

Thank you,  this worked for me on galaxy note 10+

0 Likes
userDQiSiIWPYC
Astronaut
Options

I followed all the steps above, however the issue remains, workouts and food are not being synced...

:((((

0 Likes
Speedbuggy
Asteroid
Options

Great thanks , this worked for me and I didn't have to uninstall anything first thanks 

@Gatoraidz wrote:

I figured it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK so after suffering for several months here is what I did to fix the issue.

#try skipping step 1&2 first to save some time. 

1) Uninstall Samsung Health and My Fitness Pal.

2) Reinstall both apps and sign into each.

3) In Samsung Health Open settings, Data Permissions, MyFitnessPal (Must be installed), toggle on all switches for READ AND WRITE.

4) In MyFitnessPal Open settings, My Apps&Devices, Select Samsung Health, Select Connect... (This is what I was missing the entire time.)

These instructions should absolutely work for everyone on android and possibly similiar in IOS, atleast until either apps are redesigned again..

Hope this helps.

0 Likes