JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My messages app keeps resending all my messages at once

(Topic created: 12-04-2021 08:30 PM)
dcr
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
In the past few days my messages app has decided to go crazy and resend all my messages again at once....100s of them. My phone goes off for 10 minutes straight. I have updated my software, deleted ALL my messages and just when I think I'm good, it happens again. Messages I've deleted come back and the phone blows up again. What is happening? This is getting super annoying. Any advice? Anyone else have this bug? I haven't done anything new for this to happen. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
dcr
Astronaut
Options
I went to ATT and they replaced my Sim card. So far so good.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
TreJR
Astronaut
Options
Same thing has happened to me. Please update if you come up with a fix
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
if you haven't already reboot to Recovery screen and Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps
0 Likes
JChantrell
Asteroid
Options
How do you do that?
0 Likes
Calder-Cay
Honored Contributor
Options
Press and hold Side key until you see Power Off - select it to power off the phone.

Now, off to the Maintenance (Recovery) screen:

Press and HOLD the Volume Up key, and while holding, press and HOLD the Side key.

When the Samsung splash screen appears, release both keys. Within a few seconds, you'll see the Maintenance screen, with a number of menu options.

Use the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition. Press Side key, select "Yes".

Now, Use Volume key to highlight "Repair Apps" (should be last menu option). Use Side key to select it.

The phone will automagically restart. Let the phone settle down for a couple of minutes.
0 Likes
JChantrell
Asteroid
Options
I'm having the same issue!! Samsung has to know this is happening.
userE9IA5aTiW2
Astronaut
Options

I just completed "Wipe Cache Partition and Repair Apps". A few minutes after completing this, my messaging app started blowing up again and resending old messages and etc. I have the Samsung S21. It is also happening to my mom and brothers Samsung phones. It is happening multiple times per day. Wiping cache partition and repair apps did not solve this problem. 

JChantrell
Asteroid
Options
Same here. Nothing is happening. Samsung needs to send a fix for this ASAP.
0 Likes
userE9IA5aTiW2
Astronaut
Options

I am having the same problem, as well as my mom and brother. It is happening more often and starting to get out of control. I just tried wiping cache partitions and repairing apps and that did not solve the problem. Please let us know if you figure out a solution!

Thanks!

0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

I am very sorry to hear of the mass sending of messages, and can understand the frustration arising from this. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem. Try this guide: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes