Original topic:

Mysterious App

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 02:58 PM)
user8EDJanZloB
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I went onto my apps today to delete an app & noticed an app I've never seen & that I didn't download.  Just appeared out of nowhere 
Mobile Installer Softbank Corp app. Cannot unstall. Anyone know what this is.? 

3 Replies
TheRoops
Comet
Options
Softbank is the parent company of Sprint under T-Mobile. I think it has to do with sending firmware updates. Probably used to be a hidden app.
0 Likes
user8EDJanZloB
Constellation
Options
Ok. Thanks for the info.
0 Likes
userIUVP2Nls0Q
Constellation
Options

This thing took me down a rabbit hole!!!!

I was going nuts over this Mobile Installer the past few days.   This app looks very suspicious first off!  I cant read the description at all, not in English.  I was also getting a pop up from Lookout saying that a site was attempting to download malware and then searched my apps and found this nugget.    I immediately associated the two.   I even went to T-Mobile (formerly a sprint store) for Tech support & they had no clue **bleep** it was.   They told me to reach out to Google Play because it appears to be rooted into my apps folder.  Reached out to Google Play Tech Support to see if they can assist me with removing it and they said that since it was not an app I installed from their app store, its not their problem.  Called Samsung tech support, they had no clue what it was and then escalated this to KNOX Tech support at Samsung and they directed me to a You Break & I fix store and they did a hard factory reset.  **bleep** app popped up the next morning.     So I do a bit of Google searching and see this posting.   I spent nearly 8 hours of my life and about a quart of tears due to frustration.  Dammit!  lol   

Are we sure this isn't malware?  

0 Likes