JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Nag popup to sync contacts with messenger

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 02:19 AM)
Wraiththe
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

At least several times a day, when I go to make a call and I pull up the phone app on my Note 9 - I get this popup asking me to Auto Sync with Messenger.  I assumed it was Facebook Messenger, but I dont think so.   There is no way in Messenger to turn off this request.  There is not way to know exactly what program is doing this.   Does anyone have any ideas?    I am not keen on syncing my contacts with ANYTHING and am getting tired of being nagged.  NO MEANS NO.  How to I get this dung to stop bothering me.   Which program exactly is doing this?Screenshot_20201124-202527_Phone.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_7QRKUCw
Astronaut
Options

You can control your contact sync preference in Contacts app, open sandwich menu, tab manage contacts > Sync Contacts in there you can turn on or off sync services for specific app/messenger. 

View solution in context

11 Replies
userLpdG95ONq3
Astronaut
Options

Same. Irritating. I've searched all over for answers and it led me here. Try: Settings > Accounts and Backup >Accounts. Scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll see Auto Sync. De-select it.

rborchert
Astronaut
Options

The question isn't how to completely disable syncing, it's how to stop this annoying nag prompt asking to enable syncing for Facebook Messenger contacts. I do sync several accounts, but I don't want to sync with Messenger, and every time I open contacts I get this stupid prompt. I don't know if Facebook Messenger is to blame, or Samsung Contacts. Hmm, maybe I'll turn off syncing for one of my Google accounts to see if it starts asking me to enable syncing for that one... If so, then Contacts is to blame.

0 Likes
rborchert
Astronaut
Options

Yup, turned of sync for a Google account and now Contacts is asking me to turn on Sync for Google accounts. Thanks Samsung 😠

0 Likes
Members_4jcnR61
Astronaut
Options

Is this messsage for Facebook Messenger or is there another app that Samsung is calling Messenger? 

0 Likes
rborchert
Astronaut
Options

Sure looks like it is for Facebook Messenger. When I look in Contacts' Settings, Facebook Messenger is the only one I have sync turned off for, and that's the one I keep getting asked about 😞

0 Likes
usertCbJLyQOvR
Astronaut
Options

I get the same thing on my S9 it is so annoying 

rborchert
Astronaut
Options

Me too, also on an S9

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_7QRKUCw
Astronaut
Options

You can control your contact sync preference in Contacts app, open sandwich menu, tab manage contacts > Sync Contacts in there you can turn on or off sync services for specific app/messenger. 

View solution in context

rborchert
Astronaut
Options

The question wasn't how to turn syncing on or off. It's how to stop this annoying nag prompt to enable syncing for Facebook Messenger contacts. I have sync for  Messenger turned off, but every time I open contacts I get this stupid prompt.