Original topic:

No Option for Advanced Messaging in Messages App

(Topic created: 11-24-2021 08:47 PM)
user3st5Uo3cvZ
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi there,

I have a Samsung A20 that I recently got my SIM card changed (same provider as before) in order to upgrade to the 5g network. Before then, in the Messages / text app, I had options for RCS/Advanced Messaging and my texts would send in the blue bubble for RCS instead of the teal for SMS.

Ever since changing the SIM card however, I can ONLY send texts in SMS and there are no options for Advanced Messaging anywhere on my phone. I have factory reset it, contacted my provider (Boost Mobile), and Samsung support and the bottom line seems to be that I need to take it in to a technician to have it repaired. However, I want to avoid this if at all possible.

This is a very frustrating issue because a lot of my texts are no longer being delivered, especially to people who have the same phone as me / use RCS texts.

Before I have to take my phone in to a technician I just want to see if the Samsung Community or anyone else on the internet has had this exact issue and if they ever found a resolution to this issue, because I can find very scarce information about it online.

Any and all help will be very very appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Whoever told you to take it to a technician doesn't know what they're talking about. Advanced messaging on the stock messaging app depends on the carrier and if your phone is unlocked or a carrier branded version. Each carrier has their own version of advanced messaging which makes everything complicated. I personally do not use the stock messaging app. I use Android messages by Google which has their own RCS

0 Likes
user3st5Uo3cvZ
Asteroid
Options

This has nothing to do with my carrier. (at least this is what I've gathered from all the experiences with support I've gone through)

I have a friend and a family member with the exact same provider and phone as me, and they have options for Advanced Messaging.

Also, as said before, I have spoken thoroughly with my provider to try to fix this issue.

Google Messages app doesn't even seem to have options for advanced messages for me, and none of my texts show up in the app anyway.

0 Likes
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
What's your phone's model number

0 Likes
user3st5Uo3cvZ
Asteroid
Options

SM-A205U

0 Likes
user3st5Uo3cvZ
Asteroid
Options

I'm going to assume there isn't any solution going to be provided here, so I reckon I'll just have to take my phone in to a technician or get a new phone or something.

fk-samsung
Astronaut
Options
I'm having troubles too with Samsung on my email messages...I'm getting out of Samsung internet and more what happens to my email, photos, and info on it? Will I lose it?
0 Likes