JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Support for Care+

(Topic created: 02-27-2021 07:31 PM)
CatDaddy979
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
During the process of pre-ordering my s21 ultra,the Samsung website was so glitchy & declined my card in some way to where my bank froze my card;this was on a Saturday & Monday was mlk holiday so it'd be Tuesday before I could do anything( this is a card that I'm always making large purchases from various websites & has never declined btw),so I used my mom's card not thinking much of it. After receiving it I went to the website to make sure my payment info was good for the Samsung care & just figuring out how to update the information required more than just a Google search. After updating it,I was on the website again a week or so later shopping & just happened to click my details & while I can't see the card info, the billing info was wrong;so I update it 3 or 4 times over the next week & have called asurion & Samsung multiple times trying to sort this out & basically whatever number you call, they can't tell you anything whatsoever about your account & there's always some other department or place that has access to your account. A few days ago I was trying to call what's supposed to be the billing department & there's a 45 min wait,but the automation says they'll get back to you by text;after trying this method twice with no response, I just waited it out this morning. After 20 minutes or so a guy answered & the information he gave me was that he didn't have access to my billing info,there's nothing he can do or advise me to do to make sure my info is correct. My bill was due 2 days ago,& my card hasn't been charged; I asked what happens if they try to charge my card & it declines because the billing info isn't correct, & his answer was that it will cancel my care plan & I won't be able to reinstate it. He can't tell me when my payment is due or if they've tried to charge my card. So I'm asking is there no website,app,or even phone number I can use to manage my account? Is there no way I could just make a payment over the phone or online to insure I don't lose coverage? I guess he was out of bs,because he then tells me oh,your payment was made today. I knew it wasn't so I call back and I finally got someone on the other end that was at least willing to try to help,although she couldn't help me make my payment or correct my info,she was able to let me know that my billing had been corrected,& tell me what card is on file;my problem now is that they still have the original card I used as my payment,therfore it still doesn't match the billing info. She escalated it and gave me a reference number,& assured me that they wouldn't just cancel without giving me a chance to pay it. My question is why did it take 5 or 6 phone calls & probably 3 hours of my time over the last week to do what this girl did within 3 minutes of being on the phone with me. 
2 Replies
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

I apologize for the frustration and inconveniences caused. Our Assurion/Care+ team can be reached at 1-866-371-9501 directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
CatDaddy979
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
This number may be helpful for filing a claim but if the issue has anything to do with account info or making a payment they can't or won't do anything to help except transfer you to the billing dept; They did give me the phone number to billing instead of just transferring me this morning when I called so at least I have that now but the first guy I talked to couldn't or wouldn't help me in any sort of way or even guide me in the right direction;he was trying to tell me that my payment had been made on the 18th & that I was good until he realized that I knew it hadn't been, that's when he told me it had been made this morning; but he couldn't verify any of my info for me,give me the date my payment should come out,or tell me anything about how I could make sure my payment gets made,when I know it should have been taken out at least 2 days ago & my payment info is wrong and won't update;Its mind-boggling to me that this is the end of the support chain for a company like Samsung & with all the bloatware they create there's nothing available to log into Samsung care & manage the account or at the very least be able to see when the payment is due & the payment info, especially when all the search results for samsung care or update payment info is nothing other than issues with lousy customer service and people not being able to figure out how to manage their account.