Original topic:

No option for Samsung store customization settings

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 10:26 AM)
PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anyone else feel customization settings are a complete waste? For example, I have absolutely no interest in TikTok, don't have the app, don't want it and never go into it. Why almost every time I go into the store, does it show ads for TikTok? It seems that there is no customization at all. 

Samsung, please stop installing unwanted, unnecessary apps. Give the user the ability to uninstall such apps. And stop pushing security risky apps and games. 
7 Replies
WaWaMom
Astronaut
Options
Ditto!!
0 Likes
DizzyQueenCA
Constellation
Options
Totally agree!
--
Best,

Kevin M. Harrington MCDST
Samsung Galaxy Convert and Techie Dizzy Queen
Sacramento, CA, USA
0 Likes
DizzyQueenCA
Constellation
Options
Hey all -

Does anybody know of a way to disable advertisements for a specific app from the Galaxy store? I get advertisements for a specific app 3 to 4 times a week, and this specific app is one I refuse to use ... But I am unable to figure out a way to indicate that I do not want these advertisements, And they are getting annoying. 

I don't mind advertisements for apps in general, but I wish to opt out of ads for this particular app. If I haven't installed it after 3 years, the Galaxy store should know I don't want it.

Does anybody happen to know a fix for this?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide! 

-Kevin
--
Best,

Kevin M. Harrington MCDST
Samsung Galaxy Convert and Techie Dizzy Queen
Sacramento, CA, USA
LordVako
Nebula
Options
There is an app called TotalAdblock not in Google play. But it blocks sites ads, apps ads, YouTube ads etc. it has a free trial then you have to pay. I pay for it. Hate all ads 🤷

https://www.totaladblock.com/
0 Likes
KmSfL1C
Constellation
Options

Agreed.  This is enough to consider Apple.

0 Likes
PoorGuy
Constellation
Options
Or one of the other manufacturers like One Plus or Google. Next phone purchase for me, I will be looking more into which phones push less bloatware and allow more customization along with other criteria I go by when selecting a phone.
0 Likes
KmSfL1C
Constellation
Options

Agreed.  

0 Likes