Original topic:

Note 10+ ATT device care- missing feature?

(Topic created: 07-13-2021 05:51 PM)
BrittanyRenae
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why doesn't my note 10+ have the "Security " feature? My daughters $200 tablet and other galaxy note devices seem to have the " Security portion " ? Why doesn't my $1200 device include this or? Am I mistaken or just uninforned?

Thanks 

Brittany
13 Replies
Jturtle20
Astronaut
Options
This feature was removed from phones during the One UI 3.1 update. The phone will still remain secure and receive necessary security updates to keep your phone safe. I'd recommend using an app called lookout if you'd like to see a detailed report on the security of your phone. I use it and it works pretty well.
BrittanyRenae
Cosmic Ray
Options
I'm sorry the security portion was removed? My daughter's tablet also showed a system app named qualcomm mobile security but I don't have that and mine never had the SECURITY category, since I bought it??? And I've noticed odd things from my phone since day 1 but I don't have a complete idea of what's going on or what it all means collectively. Thank you so much for your help!
0 Likes
Jturtle20
Astronaut
Options
The older phones and tablets have a category in device care designated for security, once updated it is no longer avaliable(your phone model doesn't have this option).

This doesn't mean your phone is unsecured, it just means there is no way to scan the apps directly from the built in samsung security. While the phone is most likely to remain secured with the necessary security updates, you can also download a third party app to scan apps for security checks.
0 Likes
BrittanyRenae
Cosmic Ray
Options
I also don't get a list of what's in the updates that we get, is that normal? My kids tablets both due for example...see screenshot please Screenshot_20210713-200555_Software update_4471.jpg
0 Likes
Jturtle20
Astronaut
Options
The update lists don't always display the full list, you can always check online as needed if you want full lists of features
0 Likes
Whitelightening
Astronaut
Options
I got two security Phone numbers and I had to make two emails just to Receive security codes or to Use to track the phone. I made the mistake of loading a android 7.0 systems launcher and systems reader.
It was Really awesome until I it just start running lose with my Device. Like Talk back.
Finally I had to go to Samsung technical support and I had to open a Rescue app thru Text messages for you to give them permission to see What going on. You can only turn off internal widgets and can't Delete them. Or I would of already deleted Facebook.
I've had to use them a Few times. 5 minutes and I am fixed
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Black Hole
Options
What is your firmware?
0 Likes
BrittanyRenae
Cosmic Ray
Options