JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 10+ Unable to Download Apps or Updates

(Topic created: 01-10-2020 12:45 PM)
Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've been having issues downloading or updating apps. It is random. The only thing I've found that consistently works is to reboot into Safe Mode and update or install apps.

I have wiped my device, wiped the app's cache, uninstalled the Google Play Store Updates... Wiping my phone allows downloads to begin working for less than 24 hours.

Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@SamsungRei

Complete model code: SM-N975U

Baseband version: N975USQU2BSL7

Software version:

SAOMC_SM-975U_OYN_ATT_QQ_0011

RF8M73ADAWL

ATT/ATT/ATT

Service provider: AT&T

0 Likes
Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Also, @SamsungRei, I have noticed that this is directly related to Bluetooth. If I turn off Bluetooth and restart my phone, everything starts downloading and working properly. If I re-enable Bluetooth, my problem comes back.

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Since discovering this have you attempted to reset the Bluetooth settings or wiping the Bluetooth cache?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I've gone through everything listed by Samsung and Google including the steps you mentioned. As a last hoorah, I wiped my phone 3 times and it continues to happen.

I stumbled across someone stating that Samsung flashed their phone with the firmware which resolved the issue when wiping the device wouldn't work. However, I'm not sure if they have instructions on how to do that myself.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

You can visit a local uBreakiFix to have your phone re-flashed by a certified technician.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I'm going to assume that they will charge me for this service. Is Samsung going to reimburse me for this service or will uBreakiFix do it under Samsung's warranty? This has been going on since I purchased this device, so I don't feel i should be paying for the repair. My phone hasn't been rooted or altered at all, so there is no excuse for this. I'm also not the only one experiencing this issue, as I have found several threads on this forum about the same issue.

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

As long as your phone is still within warranty the reflash would be covered.

0 Likes
Solution
Ceus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

For anyone still having problems with downloading apps while Bluetooth is enabled, I might have found the solution. It seems that devices that have once been paired with your Android device may be attempting to reconnect with your phone even after the device has been removed from your Android device. This seems to cause issues with Bluetooth which in turn causes many issues on your Android device, such as downloading apps. I haven't had the issue return as of yet, crossing my fingers that this works. I stumbled across this solution when reading posts in other languages where a Logitech device using Bluetooth kept attempting to reconnect to a previously paired Android device which caused the Android device to have random issues like not being able to download apps from three Google Play Store. Sure enough, there was a headset attempting to connect to my device repetitively. Disabled Bluetooth on that device and it fixed my problem.

Try this and see if you are able to track down a device attempting to connect to your Android device then disable Bluetooth on the device you find.

Step 1: Download the nRF Connect for Mobile in the Google Play Store (it's free, not my app)
Step 2: Enable Bluetooth and open the nRF Connect app you just downloaded.

Step 3: Press the Scan button at the top right, if the scan does not automatically start.

Step 4: Look next to the Advertiser tab, when a device attempted to connect to my Note 10+, it opened a new tab with the device name. I cannot guarantee that it will always show the device attempting to connect or the device name. I may have gotten lucky.

Step 5: Disable Bluetooth on the device attempting to connect to your Android device.

Step 6: Restart your Android device and try downloading an app from the Google Play Store.
Please let me know if this sollution works for you. I'm very curious.

userqGal6kSndQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

How am I supposed to "download" this solution from the Play Store whne my phone DOES NOT download any apps? Really?

0 Likes
Rakib1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

No update unlocked version yet

0 Likes