cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Note8 bixby keeps vibrating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Starting today, when I press the bixby button, the phone will pulse/vibrate continuously for about five minutes. Often this is accompanied by the inability to open programs on my home screens or switch tasks with the process manager button.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid

Re: Note8 bixby keeps vibrating

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was Samsung pay. I inadvertently opened Samsung pay and it started vibrating. I also came across the possible solution of a package disabler. I used that to disable all the apps the apps I knew caused the problem one at a time and then tested for vibrations. when I disabled samsung pay it stopped. so I reactivated uninstalled and tested. no vibration. I reinstalled still no vibration. must have been an update gone wrong.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userX5XasqoA7k

Has your phone always done this when you press the Bixby key, or is this a more recent development? Do you know if you have installed any new applications or updates recently?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It hasn't always done this. I'm unsure of any recent installs. I woke up one night and it was doing this. It did appear it had been and was in the process of updating apps. Recently I sometimes get a UI crash alert.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userX5XasqoA7k

Hello again, thought I would check back with you. Did you need any further assistance?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It was Samsung pay. I inadvertently opened Samsung pay and it started vibrating. I also came across the possible solution of a package disabler. I used that to disable all the apps the apps I knew caused the problem one at a time and then tested for vibrations. when I disabled samsung pay it stopped. so I reactivated uninstalled and tested. no vibration. I reinstalled still no vibration. must have been an update gone wrong.

View solution in original post