cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Notes app Add-on blocks opening the Notes app on Samsung GS9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Notes app Add-on blocks opening the Notes app on Samsung GS9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I allowed the add-on to install and now all is well. The option to convert the old notes will show on your screen once the 'add-on' is allowed to install. What threw me off was the warning that this was from an unknown source and having to give it special permission. Really - Samsung is an unknown source? Smiley Wink

Thanks for the input everyone.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

im having same problem 

@userZiIsxrG2jZ wrote:

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When did it start happening for you?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I def didn't install the add-on. Just went to settings in Samsung Notes and chose the option to convert my old notes. Now I can access everything once again.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't trust it either and I followed these instructions above and converted my notes in the settings and now I can access them.   Thank you to the user who suggested that.  Have a blessed day. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine did the same today. How do I find the option to convert my old notes?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I allowed the add-on to install and now all is well. The option to convert the old notes will show on your screen once the 'add-on' is allowed to install. What threw me off was the warning that this was from an unknown source and having to give it special permission. Really - Samsung is an unknown source? Smiley Wink

Thanks for the input everyone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday 8.24 . My phone has Company Portal installed for work and the error message was saying it Adminstrator was blocking it. I called my hospital Help Desk and an hour later, they still couldn't figure it out.

I googled and googled and finally found this... I did as the person below suggested, Went to Notes app setting and said Convert to old notes and now I see my Notes again.

This should not have happened, Samsung... what is going on?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I installed the add on and the app deleted all of my old notes and didn't give me the option to retrieve/convert them no matter how many times I tried to sync my account or explore other backup options. They're just totally missing now. Anyone else have that happen, and if so how did you fix it?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you get it to install?. Im caught in a vlosed loop. I tap the note I want, it says I must install the addon, I tap that and it says its not allowed to install from that source. I hit install anyways a d it just repeats the warning.  I hit cancel a d it goes back to square one.