JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notes app Add-on blocks opening the Notes app on Samsung GS9

(Topic created: 08-22-2020 01:03 PM)
userZiIsxrG2jZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

28 Replies
usercTgYI91IZR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

im having same problem 

@userZiIsxrG2jZ wrote:

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

0 Likes
userZiIsxrG2jZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When did it start happening for you?

0 Likes
userCltTXvmkVZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I def didn't install the add-on. Just went to settings in Samsung Notes and chose the option to convert my old notes. Now I can access everything once again.
Samsung_awCiXZp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didn't trust it either and I followed these instructions above and converted my notes in the settings and now I can access them.   Thank you to the user who suggested that.  Have a blessed day. 

userawDv1GR92N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Mine did the same today. How do I find the option to convert my old notes?

0 Likes
Solution
userZiIsxrG2jZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I allowed the add-on to install and now all is well. The option to convert the old notes will show on your screen once the 'add-on' is allowed to install. What threw me off was the warning that this was from an unknown source and having to give it special permission. Really - Samsung is an unknown source? Smiley Wink

Thanks for the input everyone.

userUJ87CSRJzC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OMG, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday 8.24 . My phone has Company Portal installed for work and the error message was saying it Adminstrator was blocking it. I called my hospital Help Desk and an hour later, they still couldn't figure it out.

I googled and googled and finally found this... I did as the person below suggested, Went to Notes app setting and said Convert to old notes and now I see my Notes again.

This should not have happened, Samsung... what is going on?

userbtFP367HjH
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I installed the add on and the app deleted all of my old notes and didn't give me the option to retrieve/convert them no matter how many times I tried to sync my account or explore other backup options. They're just totally missing now. Anyone else have that happen, and if so how did you fix it?

0 Likes
user5TtEjCcsD7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How did you get it to install?. Im caught in a vlosed loop. I tap the note I want, it says I must install the addon, I tap that and it says its not allowed to install from that source. I hit install anyways a d it just repeats the warning.  I hit cancel a d it goes back to square one. 

0 Likes