JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notes app Add-on blocks opening the Notes app on Samsung GS9

(Topic created: 08-21-2020 12:47 PM)
userZiIsxrG2jZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This morning, 8/21/20, I tried to open up the samsung Notes app (been using for years) and a notice to add a "Notes Add-on" came up. I declined and then, when I opened the app, I could see my topics but when selecting a topic I got a mssg saying I can't open the topic without installing the add on.  So I agreed to install the add-on but then got a mssg saying this can't be installed because it's from an unknown source. Still can't access any of my topics.
Any tips, ideas?

Thanks!

James

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Samsung_niBZjOp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is how I accessed on my Note 9:  Top left three-line menu / gear icon (top right) / convert old notes.

usermFHK6ztjZ0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

For some phones, like my Galaxy S9, there is not a settings button in the Notes app.  Instead, go to the Settings app ---> Apps ---> Samsung Notes.  Tap on the settings wheel next to Samsung Notes and that will take you to a list where you can convert old format files.

Members_oKOsdlk
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have been struggling with this too.

I figured it out. Open your Samsung notes and tap the three dots on the top right. Choose "edit", on the top will show "SELECT". Choose "Select All".

Scroll down to the bottom it will show to options, "Delete" and "Switch" ( it says switch or convert: will have an icon of arrows going in different directions). Tap the arrows and your old notes will be converted to folders and will be accessible. 

I hope you're successful.😊

0 Likes
userx3YQAfkI6N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just go to the navigation menu in the notes (top left) and open old format notes from there you'll be able to select the category if you have any and then by holding it it'll show you an option to convert it just click there and it'll be done you'll be able to edit and everything 

Good day

0 Likes
userU2wkJJ1nrp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was definitely not comfortable installing addons from unknown sources either. If it is a legitimate addon, it should be on the trusted source list! I used the option to convert old notes in the settings and it works fine now WITHOUT the addon. 

userL8Ve0OBiH8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can you please tell me how to do that 

0 Likes
userYfvgs5Mxl7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked for me, I did not install the 'suspicious' add-on.

Three horizontal bars, gear icon, convert old to new. Now I can read each saved notes topic. Thanks.

0 Likes
userJ4Mfb12Nm9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for the advice! 

@userCltTXvmkVZ wrote:
I def didn't install the add-on. Just went to settings in Samsung Notes and chose the option to convert my old notes. Now I can access everything once again.

I did not have to install the add-on.  Just converted the old notes as you suggested.

userdfVr7R8meu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks. It worked

0 Likes
user8MlLepyOl2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
this solved my issue. thank you so much!
0 Likes