JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud

(Topic created: 01-02-2020 06:01 AM)
usedup
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Recieved an email "Notification of Deletion of Data in Samsung Cloud" saying my data would be deleted in a couple of days from the date of the email.

If this is not a scam then it sure is doing a good impression of one.

Does anyone know if it is real and, if so, what to do about it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

I received that email from Samsung a long time ago. As Long as your using Samsungs cloud storage you shouldn't have to worry. I use Samsung Cloud Drive primarily. I have a few gallery albums syncing. Every once in a while I do a manual backup of some apps. And a few apps are auto syncing like Samsung pass, notes, etc.

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

View solution in context

0 Likes
20 Replies
jessie_birax
Cosmic Ray
Options

Yeah I had the same email couple of months ago but nothing happend

Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

I received that email from Samsung a long time ago. As Long as your using Samsungs cloud storage you shouldn't have to worry. I use Samsung Cloud Drive primarily. I have a few gallery albums syncing. Every once in a while I do a manual backup of some apps. And a few apps are auto syncing like Samsung pass, notes, etc.

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

0 Likes
userWPsyxBla8V
Asteroid
Options

Hi! recently my S8 was stolen and just 2 days later i got this email on my secondary email(which i did not use to create my samsung account), now how can I upload or sync any photos since i am currently using another company's phone. Help would be appreciated.

thanks

0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options

@userWPsyxBla8V We recommend that you call in and talk to our accounts department 855-795-0509

0 Likes
IllNameThisLater
Cosmic Ray
Options

There are so many alternatives there's Dropbox there's OneDrive for Microsoft which sends them currently is joining with, there's mega...etc just searched cloud storage in play store 

0 Likes
userrxH6r233Gm
Constellation
Options

I received the same email today. This is not the first timewhat is going on?  I cannot access my Samsung Cloud?  I need help. 

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options

Same

0 Likes
RicD
Cosmic Ray
Options

Hello CLF. Heads up, "...As Long as your using...", should be either you are or you're. That which follows your belongs to the person you are conversing with. Yes, when speaking, your and you're sound the same. Writing those two words they are not the same each having completely different meanings and usage. Also, in writing your for you are or you're is an all to common spelling and grammar error. Please do not take offence to my comment, truly hope it helps you. Cordially.

user2km8NDd7Hv
Astronaut
Options

I am based in the United Kingdom. I would like to recover any photos that are in the Samsung Cloud. I am currently using another phone, but would like my photos back.

0 Likes