Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

November 29th Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, 

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is part of today's update. It seems like the Quick Commands List is now set to display in a very small font size. When I open one of the quick commands the font size seems to be normal. The history list also displays the normal size text font. On the Bixby Home page it it always stated Your at Bixby level. Now it includes your at Bixby level 22. When I originally noticed these differences I went into settings and checked the screen zoom and font size settings in display settings. The font size had been changed back to the center position. So I changed it back to a step larger. This has no effect on the quick commands list font size.

This is not a complaint or issue I simply want to know if there have been any changes to the Bixby application regarding the user interface. Resolution and stuff like that. 

Thanks, 

CLF 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: November 29th Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now that I have reset the system font size to one step past the center I'm really enjoying the new interface. I just noticed a few more subtle changes that were added and I they are really nice. Not to mention that the speed and performance has greatly improved with the last two updates. Bixby voice wake up is 99% now at three distances. Or it's all just an illusion..... 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wish Samsung would announce what changes are in each Bibxy update. The simple answer is "delete the cache" and "delete the memory" and then you'll know for sure that you have the latest updates but frankly it's annoying to have to setup Bixby again.

Without deleting the cache and memory each time I'm never sure if I received the new Bixby updates, but with a change log I'd know. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Thanks for the reply. 

People have been asking for a change  log since the beta version. Doesn't look like that's going to be available any time soon. I really never know if I have a good  install or not.  I'm guessing that the small text font size applied to the quick commands list is meant to show more of them per page. I think the Bixby animated command dialog has a larger font size now. I think they're pretty busy putting out the bigger fires right now and will probably get to the smaller stuff sometime down the road. If you see or find something new be sure to let us know otherwise we might not even know somethings there. Lol. 

I'm not going to uninstall all the Bixby updates, clear the cache and data unless I'm sure the update went sideways. As you said it's annoying to start over.

CLF 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After I replied I went into settings and set the system font size to maximum and tapped the apply button. Some of the fonts on the Bixby screens are affected by the system font size  settings. The quick commands panel list is not. Im not sure about the history screen but you should see voice command animated dialog box it's huge. Lol 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Now that I have reset the system font size to one step past the center I'm really enjoying the new interface. I just noticed a few more subtle changes that were added and I they are really nice. Not to mention that the speed and performance has greatly improved with the last two updates. Bixby voice wake up is 99% now at three distances. Or it's all just an illusion..... 

View solution in original post