Original topic:

One UI 6.0 Feature Requests

(Topic created: 05-13-2023 06:20 PM)
uhJxsh
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello, I have some feature requests for OneUI 6.0:

• Better battery optimization (For a lot of people, their phones cannot last a day even with 3700 - 5000mah, and on moderate use).
  • More features on GoodLock; the ability to keep the navigation bar always visible even if the app requests it to be hidden, so you do not have to pull up the navigation bar. Custom Scrolling Animation? (Got this idea from a random video, https://www.youtube.com/shorts/JYtMO_bPUrQ
  • Outside of GoodLock; custom Fingerprint Reader/Unlock animations, (the user can choose the animation), as well as custom charging animations that the user can also pick.
  • System Sound Customization, allow the user to pick the sound of the system sounds like charging.
  • More fluid animations! One UI 5 improved the animations drastically, however, I still feel the opening and closing widgets could be improved so it is not as choppy.
  • Unlock Wallpapers? Kind of a stretch and Xiaomi's idea; would be cool. (https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8eCXM-_4tfc)
  • More Status Bar customization in GoodLock! Allow the user to change the icons in GoodLock!

These are a lot of features for OneUI 6, mainly customization. I hope Samsung will implement at least some of these features, I believe that it would be really cool. I will keep this updated for any more features I find out that I want and comment some features that you may want!

7 Replies
Options
Here are mine.

Massave Update to the always on display with a color wheel and the option to make the clocks bigger like we can with the lockscreen clocks. A color wheel is needed to help with material u theming. Mainly Pastel Colors and not enough bright ones.

Weather on the lockscreen and always on display. This can be done by allowing us to place widgits on the lock screen and always on display.

The return of the Oreo and Nouget clock faces that were removed in One UI 3.0.

Battery widgit update so I can see my Tab S7 Plus Battery Level on my S23 Ultra.
uhJxsh
Asteroid
Options
I 100% agree with the lock screen and AOD widgets, and the return of the clock faces from OneUI 3.0. These would be super cool additions!
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Regarding the gesture bar, just turn off gesture hints so that you don't need to pull up the bar for the gesture to work. Keeping the bar up at all times can cause screen burn in.
uhJxsh
Asteroid
Options
I still believe we should have that option, and even with gesture hints off you still have to swipe up two times in full screen apps
Squippler
Astronaut
Options
Unlock wallpaper is a reallycool idea and i hope its happens. it'd probably murder the battery tho
uhJxsh
Asteroid
Options
Probably, but it would be cool to have it as an option, and if Samsung is worried about people complaining about the battery, they can make it like the live wallpaper where it says, "May reduce battery". They could also disable the wallpaper to a still image after the transition was done off the lock screen.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.