Original topic:

One UI 6.1: Allow repositioning of voice input button

(Topic created: 03-31-2024 04:32 PM)
Riffiki
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Before update 6.1, in 6.0 and earlier, the voice input button was neatly placed in the top keyboard bar. After the update however, it is placed in the bottom left corner under the keyboard. It is the only thing down there, and pushes the whole keyboard up. It is annoying, inconvenient, an eyesore, and makes the keyboard take up a lot more of the screen. Allow users to move the voice input button back up to the top bar. The functionality to add buttons to the top bar is there. Make the voice input one of them. Please, no one asked for this, and everyone is trying to undo it.

6 Replies
userLpc8U0qEI9
Constellation
Options
I agree that this placement is not great. I have small hands and can not even reach it when trying to use my phone single-handed. But I can't put my phone in One-Handed Mode because then it's too small for me to see. I'm not sure what made Samsung choose to move the button to such an awkward position.
Riffiki
Asteroid
Options
Good points. Now I have to turn off voice input entirely. I can't even hold the space bar for voice input and turn off the bottom left button. It's either both or none, which is so annoying.
JayyyTeee
Halo
Options
Man I think we waste our time telling Samsung to fix these problems because they seem not to care. With all the money they get from us the customer they should fix this stuff within a week, or less. I know they have the technicians to do it.
Riffiki
Asteroid
Options
Tell me about it. The part that really gets me is: who asked for this change? Surely no one ever said that they wished there was a permanent voice input button that takes up the bottom 15% of the whole screen
Bo0ne
Constellation
Options

Please change this. I managed to hide that black bar on the bottom of the keyboard and also enabled voice input on space bar hold, but it still won't allow me to use that without the black bar being visible. It's ridiculous.

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.