Original topic:

OneDrive Gallery Sync and Camera Roll

(Topic created: 09-01-2022 01:00 PM)
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I am not hopeful for an answer, but:  prior to Samsung Cloud migrating over to OneDrive, there was a feature on Samsung devices whereby you could automatically upload photos to OneDrive by way of the Camera Roll feature in OneDrive (you toggled this on in the OneDrive app).

After the Samsung Cloud migration, Camera Roll went away and it was replaced with Gallery Sync, accessed in the OneDrive app, Gallery settings, or Samsung Cloud sync settings.

I noticed today as I was scanning pictures to my phone's internal storage, that those pictures are ending up in my OneDrive. I have Gallery Sync turned off, and it's been that way for a long time. I confirmed in my settings that zero photos from my device are syncing with OneDrive.

When I went into OneDrive on my PC, I saw that the scans were automatically being uploaded to the Camera folder underneath the Pictures folder. It is behaving in an identical way to the old Camera Roll sync, even though all syncing is turned off.

Anyone else seen this? Any explanation? Any solution? I'm game.
0 Likes
4 Replies
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
I did take advantage of the Camera Roll sync back in the day, prior to the Samsung Cloud migration. I wonder if that "setting" carried over with the migration, but without any way to turn it off.
0 Likes
user5eNrmOpOui
Asteroid
Options
I'm so frustrating with it. Noticed it last night when I couldn't post a picture to Facebook except folders in internal storage.
notforhire
Black Hole
Options
I've noticed that files and photos on OneDrive that you've designated as "always available on device" are NOT, in fact, available on the device. in order to access them, you still have to download them. my solution is to have everything on my device (512GB) and copy everything to OneDrive via the My Files app. I'm sure that I haven't captured absolutely everything, but all the important stuff is at my finger tips in my S22U.
0 Likes