cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: [PE/FR] Disable Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION
You make a good point about not having to root. It's still way too cumbersome and there is risk of damaging or even bricking the unit. Disabling Bixby should be a simple matter of unchecking a checkbox in Settings. Actually, it should be disabled by default and the user should have to deliberately opt in. But of course they know that. Bixby exists with intent to benefit Samsung and not the consumer. Thanks for clarification though.
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userfVQBSv5FTn wrote:

@userLhdFVAxsRz To be clear, this doesn't require rooting your phone.  adb allows you to uninstall packages that you have installed simply by putting your phone in debug mode and using the shell.  The frustrating part is that you cannot simply disable the services and take a risk by removing packages / services that could potentially be critical for the OS to function. .

that is true...  the 'pm' method is unorthodox.

mito
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Download bk manager u can disable it there without root

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did that, but I shouldn't have to.  It did work except that the phone plays a notification sound if I bump the button, even if it's muted.  That is also annoying.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree. Bixby is garbage and should be removed. This new update has me looking into new brands

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am trashing Samsung forever. Not a day goes by where this awful "feature" intrudes in some way. Get a grip Samsung....let us disable the key again

No bike does everything perfectly. In fact, no bike does anything until someone gets on it to ride.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This thread is the best. If I knew about it before, I would have never bought a samsung device. But one cannot see these threads without REGISTERING with this useless samsung account.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm ready to buy anything but Samsung to get away from Bixby.  Maybe the Pixel 5 will finally be an answer.