A software update has been released, that should have resolved these symptoms. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/
If you're still having symptoms, please try the following:
* Back up “Secure Folder” and any messenger applications.
* Uninstall “Secure Folder.”
Path: Open Secure Folder > More options > Settings > More settings > Uninstall > Uninstall
* Select “Delete all my data” in dual messenger
Path: Setting > advanced features > dual messenger > three dots on right top corner > Delete all my data
* Power cycle the device
If this didn't help, please see the additional troubleshooting steps below provided by various members of the community!
1. Clear the app cache and data. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077611/
2. Clear the cache partition and repair apps in the recovery menu.
To get to recovery mode:
- Turn off phone
- Once off, hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously
- When Samsung logo appears, release power button BUT KEEP HOLDING VOLUME UP until the recovery menu appears
- Use volume buttons to navigate down to clear cache (NOT CLEAR DATA/ FACTORY RESET)
- Use power button to select.
- Run the repair apps option and your device will restart.
3. Reset Settings. Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset all settings. (This does not delete your data, but will remove your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.)
4. Back up the phone and perform a factory reset. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
5. AT&T members have also reported replacing the SIM card has corrected the matter.
6. Download the Google Phone app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer You will need to set the app as the default app. https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-clear-and-change-default-apps-on-android/
If the troubleshooting steps have not helped, or the recent update, we recommend taking the phone to a local authorized service location: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location
For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html
Surely everyone who is now posting here and at other forums do not need to march en masse to our carrier's store and obtain new SIM cards. How many user is this affecting? A lot, from the look of things.
This is a disaster.