cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWtnZGwsckJ
Constellation

Phone for people with Dementia

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My sister has right frontal lobe dementia.  The one thing she clings to is her phone.  The problem is she calls 911, she receives calls asking for money(we finally got control of her finances to stop her spending), however she normally does not do web surfing(we hope this does not occur to her).  Currently we gave her an older flip phone.  She wants her smart phone back.

Does anyone know of an app or phone that stops the use of 911, has he ability to call out to only numbers in her contact list, and allows an easy way to limit incoming calls?

If this is the wrong forum, please let me know of a organization I should contact.  Thanks for listening.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWtnZGwsckJ
Constellation

Re: Phone for people with Dementia

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for replying.  I was aware of federal mandate.  I guess I was hoping someone would have a pseudo phone or software to convert an old phone into something that acted like a phone but would always call 1 nbr regardless of the number entered. I hadn't thought of federal law for any call regardless of reason.  I thank you for reminding me of the restriction.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since dialing 911 is a US Federal requirement, you will not find any phone in the US that prevents it. 

userWtnZGwsckJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for replying.  I was aware of federal mandate.  I guess I was hoping someone would have a pseudo phone or software to convert an old phone into something that acted like a phone but would always call 1 nbr regardless of the number entered. I hadn't thought of federal law for any call regardless of reason.  I thank you for reminding me of the restriction.

View solution in original post