JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Please bring back MST to US Galaxy devices.

(Topic created on: 3/4/21 9:42 PM)
Ryan77
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Samsung please listen to your US customers on this. Taking MST away from the devices is a huge mistake. I've been using it ever since the Note 8 and I'm on the Note 20 Ultra now. It is one of the best features offered on the phone. It simply works and you haven't had to replace it or fix it like other new features that come on phones. Customers use this way more than 100x or 50x zoom. Just today I used it at a restaurant where there NFC scanner was broke. They kept telling me they didn't accept Apple pay I told them I use Samsung Pay and it works on the card swipe terminal. It not only impressed and amazed the cashier but the manager also that was hovering over him watching. Both of them said at the same time "I might have to switch to Samsung". I walked away thinking I just sold them on a exclusive Samsung feature that is going away, what a shame. This really set you apart and put you in front of the other tap to pay solutions and removing it in my opinion sets you behind them. Please please please reconsider keeping MST in US Galaxy phones. I personally will not buy another Samsung phone if this doesn't come back. That's not a threat but simply the truth. These are considered Premium devices that your customers pay good money for, but what makes them "Premium" if you keep taking away the best most useful features for features that no one is asking for. Again please reconsider from a concerned customer. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
I agree.

But, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna bring it back. It's a manufacturing cost reduction, plus Samsung claims that NFC is now more readily adopted by businesses ... which is NOT true. MST will continue to be used by the majority of businesses vs NFC
Ryan77
Asteroid
Options
Very true. I'm not sure where Samsung is getting there statistics from as far as NFC adoption here in the states but its not what they claim. I use MST more often than NFC when I'm out. Also a lot of the restaurants and shops that have updated their terminals I still end up using MST. Also like the issue I had yesterday where the NFC receiver had broke at the restaurant they had to fall back to their card scanner. Card scanners aren't going away anytime soon. How much cost reduction can they be saving from removing that small transmitter from the phone. I'll be doing my own cost saving by not upgrading to another Samsung device because of this.
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Nebula
Options

Same here. I started using it with my note 8 and now a note 20 ultra. Samsung needs to listen to there customers. NFC isn't widely  adopted in the us but mst always is. At least have it as a fall back option. 

Ryan77
Asteroid
Options
Totally agree. 100%
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes