Original topic:

Please enable RCS between Samsung devices.

(Topic created: 03-30-2022 06:23 PM)
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I dont understand why RCS is reserved for carrier specific services and devices only. It's not even listed in the Samsung messages app settings!  Samsung, you have the tech, please enable it. Posted on my Unlocked Galaxy Fold3 5g, using sprint by T-mobile service. 
12 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
That's because rcs only works with Google messages. And it's awesome. I actually get reactions from iPhone now
33Richie33
Cosmic Ray
Options
Yeah I know, but I want the AMOLED black theme, and also Samsung messages is tailored for the Fold3.
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Oh ok my Samsung messages never worked from the start I didn't get text from certain people so I have to use Google
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
I think it's listed as Advanced Messaging in the app's settings and is broken down into three key features.
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
I think Advanced Messaging is how it's listed if you're AT&T provisioned (that was my experience)
TURB042O
Comet
Options
it won't work for unlocked phones like mine so i use Google messages.
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
I'm unlocked, like you. I use Samsung Messages because I can categorize all of my messages into various groups, about 7 categories right now, for work. Therefore, no RCS for me. My understanding is that Google's messages app categorizes conversations however their AI sees fit, but no categories can be established by the user. Is this correct?
0 Likes
NPC1
Comet
Options
Currently, yes. I do miss the categories in the Samsung app.
0 Likes
notforhire
Red Giant
Options
guess I'll be sticking with Samsung indefinitely on the messages front 😉
0 Likes