Original topic:

(Possible Bug) Cannot sign in to Samsung Health app

(Topic created on: 1/14/21 5:59 PM)
Alex_W
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Recently, I got a Galaxy Watch Active on sale to avoid looking at my phone so much when checking time, and I was also looking into analyzing my exercise patterns with the data it collects. 

So, naturally the Samsung Health app would be the first place to look for that data, as that's where it's logged. However, after a customer service call and trying to "clear cache and restart" several times I still can't seem to get signed in. The screen hangs after entering the correct password, and shows only a spinner. Pic below:

Screenshot_20210114-195215.jpg

This continues for several minutes, with the only notable change being that it downloads approximately 1.33 to 1.34 MB of data in that time. Nothing else happens, and the "User Data" and "Cache" numbers end up as 3.36 and 2.99 MB, respectively. This is after clearing, restarting, and retrying the login:

Screenshot_20210114-195613.jpg

Similar things happen even with a clear cache/data plus a reinstall and restart.

If it helps, I'm on a Pixel 4 on Android 11. The Galaxy Wear app works perfectly, and my watch is configured how I like it. I did configure my watch fully before trying to sign in to Samsung Health.

I'm not exactly here to look for answers for myself. If anything, I just want the devs to look into the issue.

9 Replies
userVN5C28hRdd
Constellation
Options

This is also occuring on my LG G8 on Android 10.

DannyC00
Asteroid
Options

Also cannot access Samsung Health from LG G8. Customer Serivce said to clear cache and data and restart. Did not work.

0 Likes
userR0DqIUGQ1p
Astronaut
Options

Same problem here on a xiaomi mi note 

0 Likes
userHFzlztFtgT
Constellation
Options

This is happening on my zenfone Max shot too (Android 9).

0 Likes
userDtoSfw2muA
Constellation
Options

This same exact thing occurs on my moto g6 play. 

0 Likes
userDtoSfw2muA
Constellation
Options

I downloaded a previous version of the samsung app and was able to use it. This version worked for me:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/s-health/s-health-6-12-3-001-release/ 

Alex_W
Constellation
Options

@userDtoSfw2muA wrote:

I downloaded a previous version of the samsung app and was able to use it. This version worked for me:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/s-health/s-health-6-12-3-001-release/ 

As much as I think this is a good end-user workaround (again, disclaimer about installing apps from other sources, etc. Etc.), I still think the problem should be elevated to the developers, or the relevant people, to look into how the login process works and fix what may be potential problems. 

Thanks for the help, @userDtoSfw2muA 

uservlYvrsPDrX
Constellation
Options

Thank you for this, it worked! Using Pixel 3XL

0 Likes
userr3OJx32Y4t
Constellation
Options

I could not figure out what to click on that site. There were a lot of ads and it seemed like it was asking me to submit an apk?

0 Likes