Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexNote8
Asteroid

Possible To Use Bixby Voice With TTS?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all, 

Just got my Note 8 yesterday and in the process of setting everything up.

I use an app called "@Voice Aloud Reader" ("Listen to app reading aloud web pages, PDF, DOC, TXT, EPUB and FB2 files, more.") 

The quality of the voice depends on the Text-to-Speech (TTS) engine that's already installed on the phone or that can be downloaded/updated.

For example, there's a Samsung TTS engine, Google TTS, and various 3rd party services.

Those voices (in my opinion) are typically subpar or just 'ok', often sounding robotic and off-putting. 

-> But hearing the Bixby voice for the first time, it's as close to a human, pleasant-sounding voice that I've heard so far, really impressive! 😃

I have Bixby disabled as I'm satisfied using Google Assistant. 

-> So, wondering if the Bixby Voice can be used as an option for my phone's official TTS voice and in general, the voice for everything (when the phone confirms a set timer, announces the time during a wake-up alarm, etc, etc)

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks in advance for any clarifications and or assistance! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Possible To Use Bixby Voice With TTS?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to agree with @VerbumVeritum on this one, @AlexNote8

The only way to have Bixby's voice on your device is to enable and use Bixby Voice. 

I'll send up your feedback though! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm going to agree with @VerbumVeritum on this one, @AlexNote8

The only way to have Bixby's voice on your device is to enable and use Bixby Voice. 

I'll send up your feedback though! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

userjzwiB0CN9L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So how to do if if Bixby is activated... The samsung voice in the settings seem to be another one, not Bixby...

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which device are you using @userjzwiB0CN9L? I'll be happy to look into this for you.

If you could provide some specifics like:

• Model Number
  • Baseband version
  • Carrier

That will help us find the best solution for your particular device, you can find most of this information in Settings > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjzwiB0CN9L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a samsung galaxy S8. I am in between carriers, also I do not know how to find baseband, however this might be working in the same way for all basebands/carriers that supply bixby.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that, @userjzwiB0CN9L. Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the page found at Settings > About Phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userjzwiB0CN9L
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Here you go! Don't know how to insert screen shots in this forum...

Device name: Galaxy S8
Model number: SM-G950F
Baseband: G950FXXU1AQJ1

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's alright, @userjzwiB0CN9L, that's the information I was after. 😃

It does look like you are having this difficulty with an international model. As our board is primarily here to support US based devices, troubleshooting your specific device is difficult. You may want to reach out to your regional support for the best service.

I'm more than happy to continue providing you troubleshooting steps here though, and if anyone else in our community has this device that has found a fix for this particular behavior please let us know!