cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung_iEN6fIk
Astronaut

Prevent phone from sleeping

How do I turn this setting off. If I forget to close an app it will keep my phone screen on and NOT lock.. it kills my battery AND puts my personal info at risk due to the fact my phone won't lock until the screen turns off.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Prevent phone from sleeping

What phone are you using?

Temporarily boot into safe mode. Does it happen while in safe mode? 

Samsung_iEN6fIk
Astronaut

That's the thing the apps dont care about my screen timeout they will and have keep my screen on ALL night and refuse to lock if I dont personally close them

Samsung_iEN6fIk
Astronaut

Galaxy a10e.. and idk what safe mode is

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_iEN6fIk wrote:

Galaxy a10e.. and idk what safe mode is

1. Press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release.
  2. Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release.
  3. To confirm, tap Safe mode. The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete. Upon reboot, 'Safe mode' appears in the lower-left of the unlock / Home screen.

Safe mode disables 3rd party applications. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Samsung_iEN6fIk

Some apps have the permission to keep the screen on while you're using them. Video players audio players ect. They usually have an option for this in their settings menu.

Have you tried opening system settings lock screen and turning on lock instantly with power key? That might override the the apps that are keeping the screen on and preventing the phone from locking and going into sleep mode. At least while you're trying to figure out how to stop an app from keeping the screen on and keeping the phone awake.

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

G960USQS7CSK3

Security Patch Level

December 1st , 2019

Nebula

Please go to Settings > lock screen > Secure Lock Settings