cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Disappointed

this is unacceptable, first the ads, and now take weight management, what's wrong with you Samsung. it looks like there is someone there trying to take the company down.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Disappointed

BRING IT BACK!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Is Samsung Health removing weight tracking

Based on recent news, I thought I would start a discussion on the Samsung discussion board to drive awareness. 

Is Samsung removing the weight and calorie tracking functions from Samsung Health? If so, this would minimize the value to me with the Samsung Active 2 and integration with my S10 Note. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Is Samsung Health removing weight tracking

This would render my samsung watch and the health app itself almost completely useless to me, so I hope not.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, some Genius at Samsung has decided to CRIPPLE Samsung Health. Calorie tracking + Caffeine tracking is disappearing. Calories will no longer mean anything as you can not add how many calories you actually consume. So any activity is useless.

We received this notification in Europe on the 16th of July. It will spread Globally as it gets distributed through the 6.11 S Health app. 

You may read more on https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-health-crippling-the-app-and-the-ga... 

This is the most infuriating thing I've seen as our family of four have just upgraded to S20 from S10, bought several Smart Watches Active 2 and are heavily involved in the Samsung Eco system.  The watches are going back. 

I will no longer invest in Samsung. I'd rather go Xiaomi or even that Huawei. If Huawei wantwant my data they can choke on it. I have nothing to hide.

If Samsung do not want to invest in Samsung Health, at least LEAVE THE FEATURES INTACT. Don't remove them. 

Shame on Samsung.  

Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung does this all the time. All the big companies, but especially Samsung and Google will get millions of people invested in a service or feature and then kill jt off with zero explanation and zero alternative.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Both myself and my partner moved from Fitbit to active watch mainly due to the poor build quality of fitbits  high end watch, l was impressed with all the features of the health app but removing them is a massive blow for those of us who track calories and  macros as part of there fitness plan. Guess it might be time to move on to another.

Highlighted
Constellation

Please add the features back. You're supposed to make your products better with time, not worse. I've only had my Watch 3 for a few weeks and I've started tracking every. I'd hate to lose that.

Get aggressive! Make the best app you can and users will flock to you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Prevent weight management and calories tracking removing from Samsung Health

I don't want to steal this thread, but I have started a petition on this forum to reverse this decision. Similar petitions can be found on European and other non-English speaking Samsung Communities.

Make your voice heard! Please consider letting Samsung know you care!

If Samsung still goes ahead and terminates these services, this will then be a testament to how poor the decision was and why.

Please go to the following link on this community:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/PETITION-Samsung-is-killing-core-funct... 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Asteroid

PETITION: Samsung is killing core functions in Samsung Health. Make your voice heard!

Samsung Health is an amazing application, both on our beloved Galaxy Phones and Galaxy Smartwatches. However, Samsung intends to terminate core functions in S Health app:

Weight management

Calorie / food logging

Caffeine logging

These changes will come into effect within a month with update v6.11. All data relating to these functions will be deleted.

Similarly, your Galaxy Smartwatch will no longer show or log these features with a new Smartwatch update v4.1.

There are already posts on this topic in this community where people have raised their discontent, but also in other languages and parts of the world. This thread is to voice our opinion.

Samsung Health app without Weight, Calorie logging and Caffeine logging is nothing more than a fancy step-counter. Weight and calorie intake are the core foundation in health.

If you appreciate the Health App and the integration in your phone and smartwatch, consider placing a brief message in this thread.

Let Samsung know that this is the wrong decision and that you care.

Make your voice heard!