Original topic:

RCS Support

(Topic created: 12-01-2020 09:10 AM)
Medic88
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Currently I'm using Google Messages because I like that it supoirts RCS. Im a huge fan of RCS and I would like to use Samsung Messenger as it has more features, however this doesn't support RCS. Does anyone know if or when Samsung is going to support the RCSstandarf on the Samsung Messaging app?

6 Replies
CrazyMan1
Asteroid
Options

I would also like to know! Give us some answers Samsung!

0 Likes
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@Medic88

I'm pretty sure that it's the carrier that determines which version of rcs, which messaging app and which features and capabilities they're going to provide to their customers. 

My carrier set the Samsung messages app as the default for chat messageing and it's the only messages app they allow to access their rcs universal profile network infrastructure. 

I think your best option is to find out exactly how your carrier set this up on their end. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

T-mobile

Galaxy S9 SM-G960U 

Android 10 One UI 2.0 

G960USQS7DTB1

Security Patch Level

March 1st, 2020 

View solution in context

ReaganX
Constellation
Options

My question is if Apple can have this option overall doesn't matter what carrier why haven't Samsung figured this out period? This is a feature that should have been rolled out long ago. Google has figured it out with its Messaging app however the only fault is the other person MUST be using it as well or it won't work. It'll show as Text message instead of chat message. 

This feature is a huge huge benefit. One main out of very few reason Apple is chosen over Android phones. Another reason is all updates are pushed out same day to all iPhones to a certain age. So why is it that Samsung is one of the last to push out updates? And ONLY push out updates to Flagships first? Where Apple does it for everyone not only it's Flagship? Some major reasons why I'm concerning going back to Apple. Among others that take more priority over the things I love about my Note. 

0 Likes
Neil_7281
Cosmic Ray
Options

Currently it is only available on Samsung Galaxy 20 like Note 20 and S20

0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options

It is not available on the S20 line using the Samsung Messages app. Only Google's Message app. But an update on a potential release would be nice. You know they know. They just act dumb and say I don't know

0 Likes
Gras1
Astronaut
Options

Hi @Medic88 I had the exact same issue. Google messages worked. Samsung messages didn't work. I have an unlocked Samsung phone and found out that you have to change the CSC to your current carrier. As soon as I updated my CSC to my current carrier RCS became available in Samsung Messages. WARNING: If you update you CSC it will FACTORY RESET YOUR PHONE... BACKUP FIRST.

0 Likes