Original topic:

RCS

(Topic created: 07-08-2022 09:38 AM)
BCClemons649
Nebula
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hello. Does anyone know how to enable RCS messaging on my samsung galaxy s21? I would love to be able to use this feature.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
I believe RCS with Samsung messages is carrier specific. I know the S22 has android messages as the default message service now. If you are concerned about losing features that Samsung messages has, android messages has now implemented all of them IE: Scheduled messages, starred messages, and categories

View solution in context

7 Replies
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Use android messages...
BCClemons649
Nebula
Options
Is there any way to use samsung messages or is it android messages only?
0 Likes
Solution
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
I believe RCS with Samsung messages is carrier specific. I know the S22 has android messages as the default message service now. If you are concerned about losing features that Samsung messages has, android messages has now implemented all of them IE: Scheduled messages, starred messages, and categories
Suppersammy12
Asteroid
Options

I have an S20+ unlocked and of course ATT does support RCS on the carrier locked variant. What I would like to know is if the S22's Samsung customized version of Google messages will become available for older phones say S10 and later. Searching Samsung messages in the Galaxy store does not return any results at all. so not even sure how often the normal version gets updated either.

0 Likes
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Just use android messages and enable chat features. You can also join the beta program to get new features early....
0 Likes
Hynrgy
Astronaut
Options
2nd this. It may have changed name now to Google Messenger. One caveat, some of the RCS features need both parties to be using a RCS enabled app
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
The app is simply called messages within the app store and you are correct both parties need to be using RCS . When I used Samsung messages awhile back there would be a blue dot next to contacts to indicate users who had RCS enabled.