JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Water Leaking Under the Crisper Drawers in Refrigerator

(Topic created: 06-24-2020 03:12 PM)
closetmaker
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There water leaking under the vegetable drawers in my French door refrigerator.

Going thru the posts there its seems to be a common problem.  My model is RF 28HFEDBSG/AA 

serial # <hidden>.    I have to towel up the water almost every day. Please help- I purchased all Samsung appliances about 3-4 years ago.  Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If you experiencing water under the crisper drawer try the following:

Make sure the "Energy Saver" icon is turned OFF. 

• When Energy Saver is on, a small amount of energy will be saved, but condensation and water leaks may form within the unit. The only energy saving is from the heater in the middle hinge flap.

Make sure the unit is properly leveled.

• If you look under the front of the fridge, the leveling legs should be in full contact with the floor and the wheels shouldn't be touching the floor at all. If that's not what you see, check out our guide for leveling the refrigerator.
  • To save energy and prevent potential cooling issues, noises, or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be level. The guide will show you how to level your fridge and make minor leveling adjustments.

• https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

If the unit is properly leveled and the Energy Saver icon is off, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

-- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up.  https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS
- If the unit is within a certain age then the warranty will cover the repairs, however, if the warranty has expired then the cost of repairs then falls on the owner. We do handle issues on a case by case basis though so if you'd like someone to look into your issue specifically you are welcome to message us here: https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
15 Replies
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

If you experiencing water under the crisper drawer try the following:

Make sure the "Energy Saver" icon is turned OFF. 

• When Energy Saver is on, a small amount of energy will be saved, but condensation and water leaks may form within the unit. The only energy saving is from the heater in the middle hinge flap.

Make sure the unit is properly leveled.

• If you look under the front of the fridge, the leveling legs should be in full contact with the floor and the wheels shouldn't be touching the floor at all. If that's not what you see, check out our guide for leveling the refrigerator.
  • To save energy and prevent potential cooling issues, noises, or leaks, your refrigerator needs to be level. The guide will show you how to level your fridge and make minor leveling adjustments.

• https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062321/

If the unit is properly leveled and the Energy Saver icon is off, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.

-- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up.  https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS
- If the unit is within a certain age then the warranty will cover the repairs, however, if the warranty has expired then the cost of repairs then falls on the owner. We do handle issues on a case by case basis though so if you'd like someone to look into your issue specifically you are welcome to message us here: https://bit.ly/2tWAAvS

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1xGrnXrQvr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We purchased this refrigerator in Nov. 2018.  Late in 2019, we started having water build up under the crisper drawers.  We tried defrosting the refrigerator and moving it out from the wall a bit more.  Then, we started getting ice slabs in addition to the water under the drawers.  We followed the Samaung recomendation to raise the leveling feet at the front of the fridge so that the wheels do not touch the ground, but are still having the same problem.  Any solution?  Did we get a lemon of a fridge?

userUTaTid3VDE
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

20200702_101449.jpg

20200702_101519.jpg

20200702_101500.jpg

userYmfgTdnrL8
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I understand the unit is not under warranty, however, based on postings on this forum, internet searches and youtube videos this seems to be a historical problem with these type of Samsung refrigerators.   I believe this should be covered by the manufacturer but don't  have any hope they will do the right thing.  So, I have setup a Samsung service appointment.  Based on all the information I have gathered the prudent action would be to replace and install the new and improved heater clip to the drain, confirm the heating element is properly working, replace the heating element sensor and replace the drain tubes.  

How much should this repair cost and are the part avaialble?

Any other suggestions?

useroBp0276MSf
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi Samsung family, so I have been dealing with the classic issue of water building up underneath the crisper drawer for the past year, after many reads and videos I have done all there is to fixed the drain and evaporator freezing over, it is fine and does not freeze over anymore, great! But there is still small amounts of water daily in the back under the crisper drawer to the left of the damper assy. I have turned off the water supply to the fridge thinking it could be a leak but I still get the water there. I just pulled off the back panel yesterday after running the fridge defrost "rd mode" for 1/2 hr and coils and fins and everywhere behind was clean as can be, no ice is building and drain is clear. I am at a loss as to what it might be, maybe the panel aluminum (which is a bit wobbly or warped at the bottom) is causing water to drain in under the panel and not the drain pan?? Or maybe the fridge is tilted back too far? Damper Assy is bad?

Here is what I have done to this fridge in the past year, would love to hear some advice.

1- Install new Y clip into drain pan off heating coil

2- Installed new defrost sensor

3- Tucked wires into proper area and installed new foam seal on panel

4- Took fridge out of Eco mode

5- Tilted fridge back off of wheels about 1/4"

6- Bent bottom row of fins as mentioned in Samsung Service Bulliten

7- Cleaned drain with trombone cleaner and checked and cleaned up duck bills and tubes

8- Replaced Ice Maker with updated one

9- Replaced Auger Motor Assy with updated one

10- Installed Y clips on freezer heater coil

11- Sealed Icemaker compartment

Ice maker is fine and works great, no more ice buildup. My next step is to buy a new back panel, maybe it is damaged from all the ice the formed all over it in the past few years? 

Any suggestions would be appriciated, like I said I am NOT getting the massive ice build up behind the panel, if I do it is very minimal. But still daily I will get a small amount, about a TBSP building up overnight. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
useroh8bdiJT0b
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have had this fridge for almost a year, and the drawers are constantly filling with water. 4 times now we've had to take everything out of the fridge, remove the back panel and use a blowdryer to defrost the drain underneath the defroster heater. This is ridiculous. We've got all Samsung appliances and several electronics from them, and that will change going forward. All that said, does anyone have any suggestions on preventing the defroster drain from icing up? It's not installed in a weird spot or anything.

0 Likes
usergNtZZZ0Mh4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've had water leaking from behind my cripser drawer for weeks now.  I've had an authorized Samsung repairman come out three times.  Before the leak started, I had the ice maker replaced as it was making soft ice.  Then the leak started.  He replaced the defrost sensor - still leaked.  Then he inserted a longer metal probem - still leaked.  Checked and the drain is clear.  Now he says to replace the evaporator cover ($135).  I don't think this will work either; he's just guessing at this point  He says it's an issue with Samsung.  I've called them several times and they will not pay or take any responsibility for the defect.  And they've offered no solution.   Any one else have any luck with the evaporator cover?  

0 Likes
user5UNBfwhjgP
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We were gifted this fridge from our daughter a few mos ago and it was fine, all of a sudden water and ice accumulates under crisper...and freezer frosting/freezing up, major sheet of ice below freezer bins...we're a senior citzen couple and can't afford a new fridge so we need to resolve this!! We leveled the fridge and turned off Energy Saver button....we want to get a new Evapator clip to install but can't seem to get the part # from anyone at all!! What I found was DA 61-07451A but nothing shows up with that part #.  I'm letting everyone know at our church and senior group and anyone else I know while walking dog that do not buy Samsung, was told it was a defect that was known and ignored and here we're blessed to be tormented by it..   Glad we didn't buy Samsung tv  when ours bite the dust.  So can someone else me locate the proper clip to install??? Please!!! Samsung Rep...anyone who has the heart to help these days. 

userOGvZfoHVAc
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

our samsung referigator lraks around the bottom of the freezer door...both sides.

RSG257AARS/XAA SN <hidden>

Need help on how to fix this annoying problem.

0 Likes