Original topic:

RF267AEWP fridge pools water on floor, not freezing/cooling

(Topic created: 10-04-2020 10:59 AM)
userIjAR5CuGdx
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Update:

--------- after some internet search, this youtube video from two years ago solved my problem.  The top/first long comments also gave solutions to fix it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwSSMF6Sj70 

The aluminum tab extends to the drain hole from the heating element for defrosting, has been eroded away by water from the defrosting process, caused the drain hole frozen up into solid ice. Then the water from defrosting finds its way into the fridge and polled up under the crispy tray, and frozen into a big chunk of ice.   anyway, hopefully it will help someone in future.

--- my original post

OK. I guess it's my turn to have a fridge broken. 8 years. 

I searched this community and it seems Samsung tech doesn't really give solution in public even in this community, strange.

The serial number is <HIDDEN>, model number is RF267AEWP

I would appreciate anyone who can help troubleshooting. Here are the symptom:

1) The front panel shows -2degree and 36 degree, the factory default;

2) waters on floor

3) water condensation  can be seen and felt in the frozen drawer. So it's absolutely not -2 degree. The water on floor might be from the melting frozen drawer. 

4. after checking some video on the internet, discovered a big sheet of clear ice is found under the fridge crisper tray. 

Anywhere I can find a useful procedures to troubleshoot or fix? 

Thanks. 

What could be more fun on a weekend than fixing a fridge? This video is to help anyone handle a common issue with Samsung french-door style fridges. The issu...
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userIjAR5CuGdx
Constellation
Options

Thanks for replying my post. 

The drain hole for defrosting water was frozen up into solid ice. The aluminum tab has been enroded so short that it can't reach the drain hole anymore. 

Maybe you can give feedback to Samsung to let them use metal that can last. 

Thanks again.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Unfortunately, this is something that would require service.  Do you recall seeing anything out of the ordinary on the display?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
userIjAR5CuGdx
Constellation
Options

Thanks for replying my post. 

The drain hole for defrosting water was frozen up into solid ice. The aluminum tab has been enroded so short that it can't reach the drain hole anymore. 

Maybe you can give feedback to Samsung to let them use metal that can last. 

Thanks again.

View solution in context

0 Likes