cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Random app installed on my daughters phone

Today when I was looking at my daughters phone I noticed a new internet browsing app and it dont keep your data. I tried to delete. I have an app on her phone so she can't download apps with out permission from me. So I have no idea how it got on there the name of the app is Delta Browser and her phone is a Samsung  A11.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Random app installed on my daughters phone

It's malware. It may have been embedded in the app you installed, possibly.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-delta-search/
Highlighted
Astronaut

She hasn't installed anything in a while. the last thing I approved for her was Spotify and that was in September. I just hid the app off her main screen since I couldn't delete it off her phone. I was wondering if maybe I log into my Samsung account it would let me. Its through the Galaxy store and she was logged into it before I believe with her Google account but it wasn't letting me log her in that way.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, @acharles73092

The only place I could find delta browser is in the play store. Open the Google play store and select the 3 horizontal bars at the top left side. On the menu that opens select my Apps and games. Once that is open select the tab titled installed. Scroll down the list, find the app delta browser, tap it and select uninstall.

It really should be listed in system settings apps. It's suspicious if it's not there. 

I searched the Samsung galaxy store and it's never heard of it. The search option doesn't get past delta and then goes blank. The only thing it shows for delta are a few games. 

Best regards, 

CLF