cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you all not know a thing about your phones prior to buying them? Bixby is awesome, and does waaaaaaay more than Google does. The phone has a dedicated button for Bixby. I mean, really, this was pretty big news that Samsung was making its own voice assistant. And it is awesome!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere2ysUGkjG0, Bixby isn't randomware or bloatware. That is really dramatic. It does was Google does and more. Enough said. If you didn't know about Bixby when you bought your phone, I'm really sorry to hear that. 

I'm loving Bixby, as it has made doing this so much faster and easier! Smiley Happy

GFYBixby
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol you are one of very few..And no it doesn't do more than Google does, you're ignorant for saying so. Very ignorant. I'll restrain from calling you anything else. And yes, having an alternative to Google voice I strongly encourage. Competition can only better the applications that compete in the the same playing space. Do not force it on your customers and pretend as though it is a "feature".  There are plenty of top Android and tech sites that totally disagree with what you say. Feel free to do your own research. Read the terms of service and how much additional data they collect from you by using bixby. The phone as a whole is a great phone.the direction Samsung is headed is not. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually I don't need to read reviews. I have tested Bixby a ton, and it does everything that my Google Assistant can do, and more. That is from personal experience. Google Assistant just can't do things Bixby can. That is a fact. And I'm not in the minority. People that come online to complain in vain are the minority. I'm sure Samsung will make Bixby optional eventually. They want people to give it a chance at least though. Cool your jets. 

I am 95% happy with what I was expecting from a first launch from Bixby. I can't wait to see how they will make it even better with features added in the future.

spoke
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its so great that you enjoy using bixby and youre not forced to use google assistant. That sure would be annoying, right? Being forced to have a button that accidentally opens an app you dont use dozens of times a day?  

Its surprising to see on Android, an OS that was built by the open source community this extremely popular Samsung device which behaves like an apple or microsoft product. This is not the market for forcing people to use your product. Its a market built around choice. I cant think of one unselfish reason for samsung to force us to use bixby. 

Furthermore, your ability to enjoy this 'feature' does not address our inability to remove it. Nor does it negate the legitimate issues its causing my device.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Rough numbers - how long have people spent trying to get bixby to work before disabling it with a paid app?  Don't we deserve some of these "points" people are talking about?  I would think there is more to be learned from people who devote hours upon hours of their time troubleshooting major functionality problems than from someone who DIDN'T find themselves having to call, email, chat, hide in perfectly quiet rooms, reboot, clear system cache, factory reset the phone... I mean- I'm not really even sure just what these points are worth, but it appears to be a huge issue when people DON'T get their points when they learn a new word... doesn't samsung find any value from those of us who spent hours upon hours trying to make it work, and have given samsung all the technical info about their phone, carrier, android version, etc?  Seems like another slap in the face from a company that is rewarding only those who didn't add any real troubleshhoting to basic app functionality.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usere2ysUGkjG0, the points are Samsung Pay reward points. They aren't that amazing or anything. But I get what you're saying though. People who have been going through lots of hassle with Bixby should get something. Most likely won't happen, but it's always nice to at least hope.

spoke
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Seriously though, whoever made Bixby isn't doing samsung any favors haha.
userl9KJbrHKPe
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry but you sound like a Bixby fanboy.  No offence but most people familiar with android that are capable of customization and modifications are getting rid of it first thing!  Once it is gone there are vast improvements in both speed and battery life.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

uh..yes..Bixby can do more than google. Sorry you have not studied this, but it is way ahead on google for the same time frame on in depth exection..if you need examples please let me know.😉