Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow this was totally unhelpful. Why can't we just remove the app

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userlj022A0Z2l wrote:

Wow this was totally unhelpful. Why can't we just remove the app

That verbomveretum user makes it a point to ridicule anyone who is on the help forums, I guess we are supposed to be impressed with his "herp derp my phone works ok you must be a idjit if yours dont" brand of expertise.  Unfortunately, he never actually offers anything helpful, but rather lurks in the forums making certain to drive away anyone who actually needs assistance.  Makes it difficult to filter out his noise and actually get to the discussions that are centered on helping people.

Elsewhere in this thread is this: 

Samsung is actively rolling out bixby updates that specifically target 3rd party apps that prevent bixby from running, and have repeatedly said that bixby will not be optional or removable.

Package Disabler Pro ($1.49 USD on google play)  will disable bixby and the button.  One of the updates to bixby broke PDP for me and for others; so the following steps are required to keep it from taking over your phone and borking other apps that function just fine until bixby updates:

In your application manager, be certain to uninstall all updates to bixby before running pdp, then turn off updates from samsung, google, and verizon (or which ever carrier you have.)   I did a factory reset (twice) as a troubleshooting step (which did nothing to fix bixby - thanks, samsung support and thanks verizon store.)  The bixby apps will update separate from Google play apps, they are rolled out by the carrier - but mine updated even with verizon's updates turned off, I had to disable the samsung update app as well.  so turning off updates from samsung and your carrier is important in order to keep bixby from ruining everything when it updates.

Also, get a different camera app, bixby is baked into the samsung camera app and can't be removed there even with pdp.

Unfortunately, samsung allows a broken app to ruin people's phones, and they allow narcissistic pompous chuckleheads to pollute the forums with derision rather than actually offering expertise or solutions.  I guess they would rather ignore the problems as long as they have revenue and traffic, no matter if the end users get screwed over.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung Sean.

It's not about how garbage bixby is compared to other assistants..

The problem is.. It's intrusive to EVERYTHING you are doing.

The stupid app sends me **bleep**ing text messages telling me to use it to send text messages..

In interrupts my photo taking.

It interrupts my music listening my texting my EVERY DAY **bleep**ING LIFE.

Plus you can't disable the button.. In which it can wake your phone even in your pocket with the dark places features turned on. 

This has been the worst android experience I've ever encountered.. 

And I've been using android since day one. 

This button, this pathetic excuse of an app.

Is FORCED on people by Samsung.

I've used Samsung since I first swapped out my Motorola droid.

After this bull**bleep**.. After all the bad Rep..

After all the times we have supported a foreign company..

You still **bleep**ed us and don't let us remove this garbage.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userky3eHhUpMO maybe you should just switch to Apple since you seem unplacable? πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I should switch to apple because a button built into my new phone is constantly loading when it shouldnt be.

I've used android since launch I don't like Apple products clearly.

I've owned every single galaxy series phone.

Why don't you switch to apple seeing as how you're a stupid **bleep** and fit in with the crowd.

Yes I am pissed off.

I'm pissed off my very expensive device can't do one simple thing.

If I wanted to have no control over my device I'd have switched to apple.

Try again. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I feel your pain and I'll be here suffering alongside you. We need a place to meet up online in case this thread gets deleted. Angry Bixby users cannot be silenced.

I have owned half of the Galaxy phones. I almost purchased the Google Pixel instead of the S8. The reason I was considering moving away from Samsung was because the Google Assistant would not launch reliably on the S7 with OK Google deteftion.. Some people said that S Voice was the reason.

If I had had more time to test the S8 I would have returned it. That's on me. It doesn't excuse Bixby being forced on me.

Bixby should recognize one command: delete yourself.
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUf0GmG6UD2 posts can't be deleted here. It is part of the Community rules put in place by @RJONES, the Community Manager.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I agree
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why would you call someone unplacatable when the only thing required to placate them is the disabling of a single non-essential  application?

I too am an S8+ owner, who hates his phone because of Bixby. The app is the Office Paperclip (Clippy) reinvented. I've tried giving it a chance but when compared to Google Assistant it performs more slowly and less reliably. If my voice assistant can not perform web searches, make phone calls and begin navigation in a second, then it can not compare to Google Assistant. While all the other features sound cute they do not serve as a replacement for fast web search and fast navigation. I would use a different search engine if I wanted all that flair (bloat). 

I'm considering using superglue to deactivate the button. If anyone has tried, how'd it work?

I'm not sure if there is a way to get Samsung to care about how much Bixby bothers some of their customers today but I'm sure they will start to care in a few years -  when it is too late. As of right now I am swearing off the Samsung brand entirely. And until Bixby is not a part of my daily life I will be complaining about it on a regular basis, I'm sure.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can purchase BK Package Disable from PlayStore to disable it and as well as Gear VR.