Nebula

Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯ Agree.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are correct double V, the actual straightforward goal of this thread is how to remove bixby. But why do people want to remove it? Because they are dissatisfied with it, they don't like it. All I am saying is, people can voice say this. The thread is not being derailed, or hijacked by someone expressing why they want to remove it.

I will admit there are more than likely a few who never gave bixby a shot, or gripe just to gripe. This doesn't take away from those that legitimately dislike or have no need for the service. What I don't get is, why are some bixbiers are so offended by those that don't care for it?

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Fair enough Azazel. I don't believe anyone is offended. I'm not, but this thread states how to disable/remove Bixby. It has become more off topic and just a gripe fest. There are threads for this. All this is doing is cluttering things up for anyone to come here and get help regarding the topic. So, when the gripe fest starts, some like myself will state the good experience they are having just to let anyone who is reading know just because some don't prefer Bixby, some do. Reminds me of the ones who rate movies. If we all just listened to that we would never watch anything..lol. So, no one is offened. Just giving a different view as well. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

Nope, Package Disabler Pro won't remove it either. 

Can't force stop it, can't clear the cache or data for it either. 

Can't prevent it starting without rooting the phone. 

Poorly-coded third-party app ruins the functionality that made the phone a useful device. 

Phone is going back to Verizon this evening.  

I've had a Samsung since the S3, this is the sort of attitude that has convinced me to see what else is available.

Sorry, Samsung, but this is what happens when you make it obvious your customers are only used as income sources.  I hope your add-on supplier paid you well to force their broken adware in front of your customers' faces.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm as of 21 July BK Disabler app is working at completely shutting down bixby. The remapping feature doesn't seem to be working for me, but it completely disables anything from happening when you press the button... Certainly a step in the right direction if you have $1.50 to spend. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Agree totally. Bixby is HORRIBLE. It is terrible that we are forced to have it. I'm retruning my phone too, afer a week.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userzK0H855i3r wrote:

Agree totally. Bixby is HORRIBLE. It is terrible that we are forced to have it. I'm retruning my phone too, afer a week.

Good luck with that... I tried to return mine, but was refused.  "We can't let you return a phone just because an app isn't working right.  There will be an update to fix it."

Highlighted
Nebula

How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Bixbyis awesome!

Uploaded from community android app.Uploaded from community android app.

Highlighted
Astronaut

How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION
to much advertisment i dont want it on my phone
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

*Buys a Samsung phone.*

*Doesn'twant any Samsung sevices or apps*

*Complains about Samsung 'screwing them over' online*

*Bashes Samsung for 'forcing them' to use their services*

*Says 'I'm never buying Samsung products ever again!!!'*

Maybe instead, one can just purchase a different device? I'm pretty sure most people know that Samsung does, in fact, limit certain settings, and other aspects of their devices. It won't be changing anytime in the near future.