Nebula

Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

V..lol I don't know if I'm laughing or crying at this point😐

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point ignoring negativity is the best option haha. Kinda hopeless.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby is the worst app ever it even makes me think about quiting samsung

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userXXAWCWRzpA to each his or her own. Good luck!

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think Bixby is awesome and only getting better. It makes me want to stay with Samsung to see even more capabilities of Bixby in the future.

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

bixby is pretty bad. It has been downright terrible for me. That being said, the Samsung has no choice but to improve it, since the comically inept digital assistants are the future.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

This is intended for those of you who would prefer not to use Bixby. 

The camera app does not require Bixby Vision to be activated. When setting up Bixby I skip the Bixby Vision setup process and as a result it is completely inactive. If I accidentally tap the Bixby Vision icon when using the camera app it calls the Bixby Vision setup screen. Tap the back button to clear. Don't activate Bixby Vision. Bixby Vision is currently using 0 mb of mobile data and 0 mb of ram.

The Gallery app settings menu gives us an option to auto sync to Samsung cloud, Image analytics, auto create stories and others. I turn  these all off.

Bixby Voice is currently using 25 mb of ram, Bixby Vision is using 0 mb, Bixby Home is using 16 mb, Bixby Voice Wake-up is using 21 mb, Bixby Services is using 14 mbs. On my Galaxy S8 Bixby is completely active with the exception of Bixby Vision and as you can see using a very small amount of system resources.

Bixby settings provides us with the option to turn off voice feedback, voice wake up, disable the Bixby wake up button, auto sync, turn off interactive and customized services and even delete the saved data.

When it's all said and done Bixby is completely silent until I tell it to do something. The only thing it really does automatically is check for Bixby app updates and the third party app interaction software.

We also have the option to off auto sync to Samsung cloud and choose which files we want to manually sync.

It looks to me like Bixby is not as intrusive as a lot of people think it is. It doesn't seem to be using excessive system resources. As you can see Samsung is not forcing us to use the Bixby app in any way. If we prefer not to have it collect data we can turn it off. You just need to look closely at the settings and understand what the services do for you and then decide if you want it on or off.

CLF 

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Indeed. Nice work. Many are not taking the time to fine tune it. Also, you can disable in Bixby settings under notifications, the Bixby home cards and marketing information.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Thank you, I should have included those. I went back to Bixby settings to see what other services I left out. I found something I was unaware of. In the Bixby settings menu near the bottom of the list there is an item named Privacy. This contains the Customization service specified for Bixby and the  option to delete Bixby voice interaction data.

The one I mentioned is located at the top of the Bixby settings menu. The Samsung account item opens to the auto sync page. Tapping the account at the top of this screen actually opens the Samsung account with the options I referred to in my post. Now I need to know the differences between the two lol. I see more reading in my future. 

CLF