cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for clearing that up for me, @user9hvqTLmDpS. If you'd like to disable automatic updates you can:

• Go to Galaxy Apps
  • tap the three dots in the top right corner
  • select Auto update apps
  • then select Turn off.

Let me know if you need further assistance finding this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this is discussing turning off bixby, not the automatic updates.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

actually, nevermind, I just downloaded the package disabler and removed/disabled bixby that way. It didnt bother me like some, but the button was annoying and Id rather regain some battery life for a process I never wanted. If Samsung had simply allowed us to disable it and remap the button to anyrthing else, problem would be solved. It works for some people, not others. Simple as that. Its all about choices. Nothing more, nothing less.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had an S5 for 3 years and an S3 for 2 before that. LOVED THEM. I havent experienced the battery issues Lot on here speK of with bixby but i never even attempted to set it up. Just hid the home screen and moved on. The only voice function I used or will use was talk to text for sms and email. I drive alot for work. Way safer to talk to a phone than type on the go. Don't even know what service the old phones were using to do it (I assume google). All I know is you could dictate 100+ words to it and maybe one would be wrong... MAYBE.... I can't say 2 sentences to my S8+ without having to go back and correct simple dictation errors the old phone never had. Not to mention the delay time. Process goes a lot like 56k internet used to (save for step 4). 

1) Go to messages (web browser)

2) tap the microphone and speak (type in website)

3) Bixby thinks about what I said (big pixelated image slowly comes into view) while I go make some toast and a keurig

4) When I come back I discover it would have been easier to just type it in.

Someone screwed the pooch on this. I know it probably wasn't intentional but it sucks all the same. I own my phone now like many others so I am stuck for now but if Samsung doesn't figure out how to appease the masses that are dissatisfied with "Mr. Bixbedere" they will reap what they sow....

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby works very well if you take the time to learn how to😉 Many factors I have seen where Bixby is mot workinh for some: Don't go thru the training process enough, don't update voice apps or don't update at all, not actualy taken the time and trying the settings, poor or limited cellular or wifi connection, only used to or ever tried just one assistant. I can tell you this..The multiple task at one time and the areas you can go in your device beat Google assistant hands down. There are many examples. I'll give you one..Ask Google assistant, Cortana, or Siri without touching the phone to gibe you directions somewhere using your navigation app in yoir vehicle on bluetooth. I have Bixby set up where I can say directions to an adress and Bixby does this..turns on bluetooth, turns on location, launches my navigation app. I say start and off we go. Ask Google Assistant to go to the play store, check for updates, and install any available updates on one command. I tell Bixby 1 WORD and it does it all. Same for system updates, clearing internet search history, any system functioms at all. There are alot of us out here that see and know the potential of Bixby. Time and learning is needed or an assistant is not for you😉

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Actually Bixby is the biggest POS suite of apps ever produced by a major player like Samsung and it is thoroughly integrated without user permission. Please provide this feedback: develop an update without this USELESS tool and APOLOGIZE. Then do extensive USER ACCEPTANCE TESTING before the next attempt. You guys botched this one. I fear you're gonna send your loyal customers like me to LG, or Motorola. Thanks!
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQJVGMHw1I4 seriously? Without permission? Pretty sure you buying their device is all the permission they need. People who don't try out something before they buy such an expensive device and then complain that "it's all Samsung's fault!" really are baseless.

Many people love Bixby. Sorry, just because you feel strongly about something, doesn't make your opinion the only one that matters. Hope that helped! Cheers! 😉

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
REPLY TO VerbumVeritum

Great contribution thanks Cobber

Short story = bixby is an app
I demand right of app choice
I choose to want bixby ENTIRELEY out of my life forever!

You can do what you like coz your preferences are none of my business or concern

Enjoy ...
Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Acceptance testing? Without permission?

Loyal customer? Lets take a breath and try this first. Can you please explain the issues you are having and tell what You have done so far to solve these issues please? I'm sure a loyal customer like you, would not mind giving this a legit try right? Thanks.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
REPLY TO Shawndugout

Been there done that n I want bixby ENTIRELEY out of my life!