cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How to remove the "bixby" app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bixby Is failing  on all front? Sorry, I dont believe that. If you say you know how to use Bixby, surley you would not think it fails on everything. I would love to know more about your settings, how much you have used Bixby, and all the fronts it fails on. Please if you have time, share what is failing for you. What task or commands are not being done? 

Azazel
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I beleive we've been through this before. Mr. Dugout.

From our previous discussions:

But, I'll show you that I am not playing around. It has been a few months since I used bixby, so forgive me if I don't recollect the exact name of the quick commands. Honestly, it was curiosity that made me try the quick commands. I was not really excited about all the hoopla drummed up by  the bixbites on YouTube, but I tried it just the same. One can not really dismiss anything unless the fully examine all it's attributes. One was night, nights or something like that, it was supposed to clear notifications, optimize the phone, and one or two other things, but I'd get a message about having trouble right now. The same thing for the exact opposite command that I titled sunshine or sunrise.  As I said, none of them worked.

I purchased the phone in May, I set up bixby from the beginning.  As I have said bixby home is just awful. What are there, 18-20 cards? How many are actually of any use? 2, perhaps? The weather card? Maybe. But most people have a weather widget on their homescreen. Or weather information on their lockscreen. Or at least an app that is pretty readily available. So what's the point? The calendar/agenda card? i suppose it's not the worst. But there is already Google now. Now I get there is personal preference, so we'll give this one bye. As for the rest of them, there is nothing good to say. I had trouble with the Spotify and Google Play Music cards. bixby did not play well with either service. It would not play the next song in my library, but rather the next song on the album it was released on.  The gallery card just showed the most recent pictures.  Why do I need to see a recap of the pictures I just took 8 seconds ago? I even had issues with the alarm card. It rarely ever showed up. (I know that it is not supposed to be there continually, but only when the alarm time is close) I could not edit the alarms from the card, I had to open the clock to do this. So really, what's the point? And seriously, what is giphy? Why is this a thing? And who in their right mind thought it should be included on the home page? I thought that bixby home was supposed to understand me. Learn from me. Give me pertinent information throughout my day. It did not. Unless of course, you count the constant daily reminders that you called this one number, that one time. I think  you might want to call it again, am I right, or am I right? No bixby, you are dead wrong. Thanks for coming out though.

bixby vision is another tremendous letdown. Now, to be perfectly honest, the first 4 or 5 items I showed to bixby were industry specific to my job. So I wan't particularly surprised when they could not be identified. But as time went on and more and more everyday objects were not identified by bixby, I just gave up hope, and I abandoned it altogether.

When bixby voice came out, I watched several videos on its capabilities. Sure, there were naysayers who did not get where the Samsung was coming from with bixby. And wrote it off as a failed Google Assistant clone. But, those  that realized that's not what it was meant to be, did their own thing. They showed what was according to them,  bixby's crowning achievement, it's total control that made most things handsfree. I was less than  dazzled. I thought, WOW! why would anyone need to use that? I just did not see the point. I mean whooppiedoo, I can scroll up and down with my voice. Yeehaa, I can edit a picture too. Why? Why would I need to do that. At this juncture, I was done with bixby. So, I searched for a way to turn it off completely. I found a package disabler, and that was that.

However, the part of me that is impartial and fair, gnawed at me. Maybe it's notas bad as you think. You can't write it off if you don't at least come to your own conclusion. I mean after all, this is the future. Adapt or perish. So,  I turned it back on. Downloaded all the necessary apps and updates and dove all in. I spent plenty of time with the voice recognition training it and retraining it to understand me. And it worked, at least during the training session. But when it came time to perform said tasks and commands, bixby was a mentally challenged deer caught in some very bright lights. My quick commands always resulted in some hogwash about having some trouble. My custom chats pretty much always resulted in seeing what the web had to say. I was just about done with bixby for the second, and most assuredly last time. But, I decided to hold out a little longer, and look deeper.

So, it was back to watching YouTube, maybe I missed something. Maybe I am going about it all wrong. perhaps I can find some truly practical and maybe even beneficial quick commands. Not the case. The more I watched people and the quick commands, the more I thought why? Why would I need to do that. I watched people set up a "Good Night" type command, which would turn the alarm on. Dim the screen or turn on the bluelight filter. Set the sound to vibrate or do not disturb. Then they would give it a "Good Morning" type command which would do the exact opposite. And again, I thought why? Why?   Why would you need to turn your alarm on and off everyday? The alarms can be set up quite specifically. Why does the screen need to be dimmed? You're going to sleep anyway. The screen is not that bright. The volume settings are right there in the quick toggles. It is not that difficult at all. Like the checking the updates of the apps from the Playstore, isn't that what auto update does? It seems like people make quick commands to solve a problem that never really existed. So, at this point I was done with bixby. I uninstalled all  bixby related apps and uninstalled all the updates and disabled it entirely.

Speaking of the texting, this is another area where the Samsung short changed their  darling buttercup bixby. It works with so few 3rd party apps that it is pitiful. The Samsung's native texting app like all baked in texting apps is just horrible. 

The navigation might be useful, but unfortunately the phone does not respond to my voice, so I have to unlock it with my fingers anyway. So what's the point?

The Samsung really jumped the gun with bixby. When It was released, it was so half baked it was essentially raw.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yet, once again your saying the same thing over and over, giving no details of your actual use. Like sending screenshots of your settings so we may help, screen shots of how many conversations, recommendations, or custom chats. These would be helpful. Also, Yes there is a huge advantage of creating a one word command to do as many task as possible. Example, When I leave for work, I put the phone in my wireless charger and say good morning. Then I head to work without having to do the following: Bixby turns my mid power saving mode off, lauches my 7-11 app I ise for coffee, sets my brightness to 75%, turns on blue tooth and syncs with vehicle, turns on location, pulls up my map updates for any slow downs or accidents, checks my work email, checks my text designated for my staff, reads out loud all those text to me, checks for system updates, checks AND installs play store updates if any, opens slacker, starts playing my custom stations, sets my secondary sound profile for bluetooth in the vehicle, shows my priority notifications only for accounts mainly, and of course is ready for me to do anything else such as basic make a call, text with my voice, etc. It does this all rather quickly also. So while YOU may not have alot going on, some of us do. The lack of info you continue not to share so I or anyone else may try to help you tells me this..I don't believe you know how to properly set up, adjust, and use Bixby. I also believe you have NOT put in legit effort at all on doing any of this. So, It's very clear you don't use and are not interested in using Bixby. That is fine. So, we should not hear much from you anymore in this forumn then unless, you are needing help. If you come here to just say Bixby fails on all fronts when it's obvious to many of us that your not that experienced in using Bixby, I will kindly remind you of this.

Azazel
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I will kindly remind you, that the name of this particular thread is, "How To REMOVE The Bixby App". This tread isn't for people asking for help to set it up, or how to use it. It is for people who do not want it at all!

As far as me saying the same thing over and over, it seems that some people do not listen, and only hear what they want to hear. I have given some examples, I have said what it doesn't do, the trouble I have had with it.  I disabled it, cleared all data, and uninstalled all updates, and any apps related to it. I am not going to enable it, update it, and go through the lengthy tiresome set up process in order to show you my bixby stats. I went through a good deal of time setting bixby up. I used the enhanced voice recognition, or whatever it's called to the point where I would say "Hi Bixby" once or twice, before I would have to start it again and again. But, that did not help in waking bixby, I would say, Hi Bixby over and over and over and over and over and over and over, and nothing. But, If I called on google, it responded Immediately. I had the voice wake up set to high, and still there was not a response most of the time. As far as that side button, what's the point is I am trying to go hands free? And when there actually was a response, it was some garbage about running into trouble, and yes, I was connected at the time.

Let's look at your example: Good Morning

Bixby turns my mid power saving mode off Why is it on in the first place?

Launches my 7-11 app I use for coffee Can't this app just be on your homescreen or dock for easy access?

Sets my brightness to 75% Why do you need to change your screen brightness so often?

Turns on blue tooth and syncs with vehicle Why do you need to turn bluetooth off so often?Turns on location Why do you need to turn your location off so often?

Pulls up my map updates for any slow downs or accidents This one could be helpful, but it doesn't really seem like it saves all that much time.

Checks my work email, checks my text designated for my staff, reads out loud all those text to me OK, I'll concede that if you have a busy schedule it could be handy, but again, doesn't seem like a real time saver.

Checks for system updates Doesn't the phone do this automatically?

Checks AND installs play store updates if any Doesn't auto update do this automatically?

Opens slacker, starts playing my custom stations I guess it would be nice if bixby played nice with Spotify

Sets my secondary sound profile for bluetooth in the vehicle Two words: Quick Toggles

Like I said, bixby really seems like a solution to a problem that just doesn't exist

Shows my priority notifications only for accounts mainly Honestly, I don't even know what you mean by this.

And of course is ready for me to do anything else such as basic make a call, text with my voice, etc. So while bixby is doing all that, you can still make a call? bixby won't stop running through the tasks while you try to make a call? Or try to send a text with the pathetically awful samsung message application? Also, how does it read texts, and emails, and play slacker radio all at once?  

LIke I said it has been months since I've actually used it, so I don't remember exactly the quick commands I had set up, I really just was curious, but bixby did not execute them anyway. Most of the things that the quick commands are supposed to help with that I have seen people rave about can  be set to done automatically anyway, like turning the AOD on and off, or turning do not disturb on and off, or turning an alarm on and off. And I assure you, I know what I am doing with this phone. I also do not doubt the Samsung's commitment to their beloved bixby. I am sure it will improve over time. Maybe in it's 2nd or 3rd generation when most of our household appliances are linked, it will be much more useful.

The custom chats are really just a gimmick, I mean how many times can you have you phone poke fun at your brother or best friend with an inside joke before it becomes stale? But again the few that I tried (can not exactly remember the names) but they always resulted in what bixby found on the web.

I don't know what else I can say, what other info you want, I can not be exact with my quick commands or the custom chats since it's been so long since I have tried them. So I honestly, the number of tasks in the commands or what they were eludes me, but i can say with absolutely certainty bixby DID NOT complete them. Not once, ever! I did give bixby a sincere shot, I guarantee you, I know how to set it up. It just did not work well for me.

It works for you, that's great. It does what you want, that is also great. It doesn't do it for me. It just doen't, why is that to hard to grasp? You know, not every one who ever bought a Rolls Royce was completed satisfied. There are always a few lemons produced. Maybe I got one. Who knows? Maybe when/if I go for the S9/S10 bixby will be better, for me anyway.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well if the posted question is "How to remove the app" then here we go

You Can Not Remove The Bixby App 

All Done, 

Take Care 

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol..yea, was going to let him work a little longer on that. I didn't have time to go over basics to his questions of why you would use different power modes, why to have your brightness set differently in different environments, why many like having their homescreen clutter free, why you would want some sync services as well as bluetooth and location off when not using, why you may want some things not on auto update and prefer to manual update, etc...just the basics.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hay, 

LOL,  I thought so,  LOL. Thanks, made my day a little brighter.

See you later, 

CLF 

Azazel
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Different folks enjoy different strokes. Why some people's displeasure with bixby seems to agitate some is mind boggling. Why some people feel it is there job to "educate" those that don't like or want it, because obviously, if you don't like bixby you must be doing something wrong.

CLF:

Well if the posted question is "How to remove the app" then here we go

You Can Not Remove The Bixby App 

All Done, 

Take Care 

Perhaps it can not be removed in the "traditional" sense, but Package Disablers work wonders with dispatching the sorrowful excuse for an assistant that is bixby.

You take care yourself. Have yourself a day.

Mr. Dugout

Lol..yea, was going to let him work a little longer on that. I didn't have time to go over basics to his questions of why you would use different power modes, why to have your brightness set differently in different environments, why many like having their homescreen clutter free, why you would want some sync services as well as bluetooth and location off when not using, why you may want some things not on auto update and prefer to manual update, etc...just the basics.

Because if you had all the time in the world to go over it, it still would be pointless??

Powermodes: My phone lasts pretty much all day. Now I only wish there was a way I could charge my phone when I was away from home is need be. Wouldn't that be swell?

Brightness: Because when you're sleeping it matters?

Clutter free homescreen: My homescreen is clutter free, and never ever once did I have trouble accessing any app.

Bluetooth and location off off when not using: Again, why? Why do you need to change these settings so often? Do they really drain that much power? I never turn them off unless there is a problem and they need to be restarted. It just seems pointless. Truly, utterly pointless.

Not on auto update and prefer to manual update: Can't you just turn off the ones you do not want auto updated? And if you're going to update them every morning anyway, why not save the needless step of having bixby check and just auto update them?

While there may not be away for people to actually remove bixby from their phone, this particular thread is for people who do not like or even want bixby. Not for people asking for help on how to use it.

Now I will humbly agree that there are numerous individuals who never gave it a chance, and complain about it just for the sake of complaining. I am not one of those people. I did,  I really did attempt to give bixby its shot. For me, it failed, triumphantly! On all fronts:home, vision, and voice.

Like I said, it works for, that's fanfreakintastic. It is great that it does what you want, and that you find it useful. I honestly don't see the point. Example, I watched a video review of it, the guy on camera had his assistant call him, he used his voice and had bixby reject the call, then send a text saying "too busy". My immediate thought was, isn't that what voicemail is for? Once again, seems like a solution to a problem that I don't have.

But,  while I'm on a roll I happened to have a brain blast and I remembered a bixby incident. I was driving, had forgot I had an  alarm set, it went off. After saying  hi bixby 15 times (at least), it did not recognize my voice password, once I finally got its attention. WOW! imagine that. bixby not responding to me. I do not have an accent. Well' maybe a regional  one, but not one that distorts what I say. So, my experience with bixby has been a serious unpleasant one. However, these assistants are not going anywhere. In the next 3 or so years, it will be the primary way most of us communicate with our devices, so I will give them another shot. What choice do I have?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

CLF...You can see why I have better things to do now..😌

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, 

Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees. 

Granting administrator privileges to a package disabler is definitely the way to go. What could go wrong with that. Lol There's a lot of people out there that need your knowledge and experience to help them get Bixby up and running so keep up the good work for them. This one is like head butting a brick wall. 

Have a good one, 

CLF